Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Soldato
Mulling over it. Not sure how I feel.
First half fast paced enjoyable, unpredictable.
Second half goes downhill for me.
Overall 7/10.

Seems with the way things ended spiderman will be low key now. Which is an unexpected turn considering they made us think he would possibly be leading the next team.

So who will be the main lead for the new arc? RDJ played that role perfectly with support from CA and Thor. I haven't seen Eternals yet though....

Caporegime
Mulling over it. Not sure how I feel.
First half fast paced enjoyable, unpredictable.
Second half goes downhill for me.
Overall 7/10.

Seems with the way things ended spiderman will be low key now. Which is an unexpected turn considering they made us think he would possibly be leading the next team.

So who will be the main lead for the new arc? RDJ played that role perfectly with support from CA and Thor. I haven't seen Eternals yet though....
It does mean they can concentrate on Spiderman outside the Avengers and bring more down to Earth stories based in and around New York. One think I did notice in the rifts was a man with what looked like a big collar and a spear, potentially Kraven the Hunter? Also Ned could receive some training from Doctor Strange and end up assisting Spiderman anyway?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Really enjoyed it, as did my son's and daughter (8, 8 and 10). Not sure who these parents are that takes kids who have the potential to play up, mine would never do anything of the sort.

We had a few as well. Nothing against kids if they are quiet but these kids were really young like 5-7 year olds. Constant talking asking questions and shouting. The adults didn't care. The adults clearly weren't even interested in the movie and got told off constantly using their phones.. We were Infront of them so we moved down one row just in time because that group then spilt their drink over the seats we were in and then a giant box of popcorn got dropped all over the place.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
5/10

Teen flick, full of plot holes.

Another marvel film when the Easter eggs are better than the movie :)

Soldato
Just got back from cinema 6/10, good from me, kids loved it.

Just doesn’t make a lot of sense, especially ending where it is a memory spell so everyone forgets, well all they would need to do was open yesterdays paper with peters face plastered all over it as wasn’t a time alternating / reversing spell.

Soldato
Just back from the cinema, solid 7/10.

Absolutely loved some of the references to previous Spiderman films. So does this mean they have unwritten Spider-Man from the avengers and further battle outside NYC, and he's back to being your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just back from the cinema, solid 7/10.

So does this mean they have unwritten Spider-Man from the avengers and further battle outside NYC, and he's back to being your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man?
I think they have forgotten Peter, not Spiderman, but would need to watch it again to be sure. There are some continuity elements that need to be worked through.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I think they have forgotten Peter, not Spiderman, but would need to watch it again to be sure. There are some continuity elements that need to be worked through.

You're right. Spiderman still known with all his past deeds but they just don't know who he is. Doesn't that puncture the vulture storyline too.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Same as others, enjoyed the first half. They set up a really compelling story and I was comfy seeing where it was gonna go.

...but they squandered it completely. I was expecting some multiverse shattering story that set us up for Multiverse of Madness, but they limited it completely to a few old baddies. Nothing but fan service. What really felt like blueballs, was the lack of venom.

Soldato
I absolutely loved it. Didn't think any marvel film could top Infinity War but this did it for me.

How did some of the Venom symbiote end up being left behind when Eddie was transported back to his timeline? That's the only bit which didn't make too much sense to me.

Soldato
9.5 for me. The ending/continuity lets it down for me as I didn't find it convincing or logical enough, as was the end credit teaser mentioned above. Second only next to Endgame.

Soldato
Massive plot holes aside it was a decent watch, a typical marvel movie really. Don't think it needed the '5' villains and would probably have been a much tighter film if it was a one villain movie with Green Goblin as the bad guy. 6.5-7/10.

Back
Top Bottom