Fallout 4: Returned to game after 18 months - daft question

Associate
Hi

Embarrassing question (for me) for anybody still playing this. I have 68 hours in the game but hadn't played for 18 months. Had a quick spin and 2.5 h disappeared - forgt just how absorbing this is. Went to repair Power Armour but have hit either a bug or me doing something wrong. I approach a Power Armour repair station (the yellow rack type thing), exit the Power Armour, click E on the repair station and try to repair the damaged armour. Repair is greyed out. I have watched dozens of youtube videos on this and I can't for the life of me see whats going wrong. Any help apreciated so that I can just get through and finish the game

Soldato
I could be off but don't you need materials to repair them - also some of them, if i recall correctly, are beyond repair and need new parts. Don't take that as literal its purely from memory and, hopefully, someone who has played it more recently than me can clarify.

M.

Soldato
I feel sure back when it first came out there was a complication here which tripped people up, but I can't quite remember what it was.

Maybe something like you have to 'use' the power armour itself once it's in the frame, not use the frame?

Associate
I quit the game kinda early but got the feeling power armor is a luxury you can't really afford to use much

Nope, I went through an entire playthrough wearing power armor. Once you get a certain perk which gives you an additional battery life it makes things a lot easier.

Soldato
I didn't use power armour at all, the game isn't that hard imo, even on survival mode, you don't need it.

Only thing I did with it is make collections of it at the best in a workshop because it looks cool.

I don't even wear much armour normally, I prefer having a character in clothes that fit the wasteland theme and fit in, so you don't look rediculous on the cut scenes etc.

Associate
OP
Just one more question on this. I had a mod that gave me all the speech options exactly as they were spoken, not a series of one word prompts eg Barter etc. Must have stopped working with all the updates over the past 18 mnths. Any recommendations for a mod that does this?

Back
Top Bottom