Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I don't know why but that front plate just triggers my ocd. I don't know if there's a better solution for the nsx but it looks weird at best. Car does look great otherwise!

Well I did what the forum wished and ran plateless for a few years, then I kept getting pulled. The alternative is a huge rectangle front plate on a raised plinth which destroys the front end. This,at least, keeps the shape. It's very angular at the front.

It's like one of those weird forced perspective images; I know that it's slightly pointed, but head on in that photo, it looks completely flat, and it's messing with my head.
Still, great car :cool:

Yeah the photographer got a little carried way with the dynamic angle shots I think.

Associate
Seeing as we are posting sexy Japanese cars.....

I took it to work, feeling all Tokyo Drift under the car park lights.

51751950622_b29029ebb2_c.jpg

Associate
Buys pristine RX7, drives it to work in December on salty UK roads, then doesn't even park in an end bay. Guy's playing with fire :D

It has been nice and dry and as I am sure you know its been like 12 degrees :cool: and cars been fully treated. That is also a whole carpark away from where everyone else parks!

Soldato
It has been nice and dry and as I am sure you know its been like 12 degrees :cool: and cars been fully treated. That is also a whole carpark away from where everyone else parks!

True, it hasn't been that bad, and I've not actually seen a gritter out. But it just seems to be that time of year where the road is constantly damp and greasy. I'm a bit annoyed my own car is getting grimy, I'd hate to have to think about it if it was as pristine as yours...but still, props for using it and not hiding it in a garage :)

Associate
I'd hate to have to think about it if it was as pristine as yours...but still, props for using it and not hiding it in a garage :)

Ahhhhh cars can always be cleaned! They should also be driven. The reaction from people is great, they love to see it out and about.

Don't get me wrong though as soon winter properly arrives, we get the months of low temperatures and snow. She won't be moving!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Not much grip with these Avon ZZS semi-slicks, but it’s so controllable. I daren’t test the limits in these conditions as I may end up in a ditch but it feels like I’m driving at 3/10ths what this car is capable of.

It hasn’t been out much the last couple of weeks due to rain/work/family/tiredness so it’s easy to forget how visceral it is.

It’s mega. And bouncing it off the limiter away from the lights is good fun as well, if extremely antisocial :o

euzv8Bk.jpg

Associate
The Evo doesn't even see wet roads :D. Colour is awesome btw

I guess it helps that FD's aren't particularily known for rust, amazingly. So I am pretty comfortable her getting damp. But I seem to remember yours is pristine in every sense of the word!

Colour makes everyone happy. The bolder the better :D

Soldato
I guess it helps that FD's aren't particularily known for rust, amazingly. So I am pretty comfortable her getting damp. But I seem to remember yours is pristine in every sense of the word!

It's a total nut and bolt strip down so it's hard not taking it out sometimes but as long as I do get to use it when it counts!

Oh, they rust, trust me! Check this Grade 4 that cropped up recently lol
image0.png

image1.png

Soldato

They do rust.. Depending on which part of Japan it came from. Cold regions are best to be avoided.

Associate
Oh, they rust, trust me! Check this Grade 4 that cropped up recently lol
image0.png

image1.png

Is it just me or are auction gradings just completely unreliable these days?

From what I knew back when I was keeping track on auctions & looking at R32's / FD's often (about 10 years ago) the gradings were generally pretty accurate but everything I've seen of late just feels off grading wise - could be that I'm just spotting the stuff that's flagged as being wrong mind

Soldato
Is it just me or are auction gradings just completely unreliable these days?

From what I knew back when I was keeping track on auctions & looking at R32's / FD's often (about 10 years ago) the gradings were generally pretty accurate but everything I've seen of late just feels off grading wise - could be that I'm just spotting the stuff that's flagged as being wrong mind

Honestly, they're a bleepin' a waste of time lol. Unless you have a man on the ground who can look at it. I've seen cars get sold at one auction one week grade 3 or less and then appear the week after a grade 4. 9/10 of these cars have so much history by now, you buy on condition.

Back
Top Bottom