Escape from Tarkov

Associate
The scavs are the biggest threat now, on Customs there are the really high up snipers which if you are unlucky constantly pepper you from spawn and then other scavs which duck out and shoot you in the throat.

Associate
The scavs are the biggest threat now, on Customs there are the really high up snipers which if you are unlucky constantly pepper you from spawn and then other scavs which duck out and shoot you in the throat.

:cry: first game of the wipe and that quite literally happened to me, trying to hide from snipers then, smack, shotgun in the thorax

Associate
I installed again yesterday after a massive break. I managed to do ok and escape on my second go on lighthouse. I do like this game despite it being so difficult, a change of pace is what I like.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Back to the horrors of standard account stash space. J forever keep hold of a few guns at early levels (read: the two starter M4s, an ADAR, an AKM, a a Vepyr 136, an MP9, and UMP (knife trade) but I'm not dying enough to utilize them all / don't justify using them due to poor ammo. Armour seems scarce at the moment too, but I'm up to my neck in vests all holding either meds, hideout goods or some of the reasonable ammo I do have. Only level 8 so far and up to 1 mil; may grind a few more runs and buy a junkbox to free up some space.

As with previous wipes, my survivability tanks whenever I am in a group, need to find some more reliable people :cry:

Soldato
Back to the horrors of standard account stash space. J forever keep hold of a few guns at early levels (read: the two starter M4s, an ADAR, an AKM, a a Vepyr 136, an MP9, and UMP (knife trade) but I'm not dying enough to utilize them all / don't justify using them due to poor ammo. Armour seems scarce at the moment too, but I'm up to my neck in vests all holding either meds, hideout goods or some of the reasonable ammo I do have. Only level 8 so far and up to 1 mil; may grind a few more runs and buy a junkbox to free up some space.

As with previous wipes, my survivability tanks whenever I am in a group, need to find some more reliable people :cry:

All those stock guns are trash anyway. Especially with the recoil changes. I would just use them honestly or sell them to traders :D

bJN

bJN

Soldato
It'll never go full release to match their "vision" of the game so long as it's stuck on Unity. They'd almost do better to cut their losses and use a different engine for a second game to act as a true successor to this, and keep this as the test bed for ideas in my opinion.

Decided to just buy a scavbox last night. So much more stash space now :D

Also managed to grab a GPU on a scav interchange run (inside a PC, not a tech store) that'll inevitably sit in my stash for weeks before it gets any use :cry: only 3 more levels til flea access too which will open up the game a lot more again, even with the changes / restrictions

Associate
Thanks for all the tips. If any other noobs want to group up and play / figure out the game together then give me a shout!

I'm happy to help out if you need it, I've been running solo so far this wipe. If you want to duo up then drop me a message in game (Wiffy), I play causal, die a fair bit but I know my way around.

The wipe for me has improved the game loads, a lot less mega geared players early on and inertia does away with the jiggle peaking around corners - only a good thing.

Soldato
yeah - lots of changes - No selling THICC case as well now which used to be 13/14 million easy..... That will slow down the progression a lot now.

Good changes - makes life much harder to get top end gear/ammo etc.

Soldato
Ran two night time raids on woods with night vision and it was brutal. First one I died couple of minutes in, to a naked guy with sks ironsight with no vision, head eyes before I could react. Second time I had 3 granades thrown at me from god knows where, I thought I was silent and the third one killed me. Seems like a waste of gear to run at night time, people are on another level there.

Edit: oh yeah with brightness way up there is no need for night vision goggles.

Last edited:
Soldato
This game definitely going the right way finally with flea market restrictions and inertia, no longer can Chad Thunder**** pop onto flea, buy all meta gear (yawn) and run around hosing folk down.

Also, onepeg posted an interesting video last night, regular scavs have 3 health pools, 440, 540 and 740hp, which is why it may seem they're absorbing a lot more shots than normal. For comparison, Reshala has a 752 health pool.

There is no way to visually know the HP of a scav - additionally as the raid progresses, Nikita stated that the higher HP scavs should spawn in with better gear.

Here's the video, there is also some lovely sniping around the 5 minute mark onwards.

Back
Top Bottom