Energy Suppliers

Soldato
For any green > shell people out there, I just got my first bill through.

If you we’re in the process of switching away from green when they went pop I’d suggest checking the bill from shell very carefully as mine is grossly incorrect. They’ve not accounted for me switching away (the bill should have only covered a matter of days) so they have estimated usage to the current date…:rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Oh great more faffing around before I get my money back from them. I got a email from Shell last night advising me that they will soon be switching my direct debit from Green over to them. Good luck with that as I cancelled my DD to Green after they continued taking money after I had left them.

Soldato
Oh great more faffing around before I get my money back from them. I got a email from Shell last night advising me that they will soon be switching my direct debit from Green over to them. Good luck with that as I cancelled my DD to Green after they continued taking money after I had left them.

I got that yesterday lunchtime so I guess you can expect a bill shortly.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Already had my first bill from Shell, massively over estimated my usage which has wiped out my credit, but not the end of the world as I’ve now given meter readings so should even out on the next bill.

Also set up my direct debit with them (cancelled the one from green after expecting them to continue taking), was given the choice as to what to set it at so went conservative, but looks like it can be adjust quite easily so won’t end up building up a huge amount of credit.

Caporegime
Do I get a shell bill?
I'm not entirely sure if I was ever with them.

Would I have had one by now if I was?

I'm getting emails from them. But bill was from green

Soldato
For any green > shell people out there, I just got my first bill through.

If you we’re in the process of switching away from green when they went pop I’d suggest checking the bill from shell very carefully as mine is grossly incorrect. They’ve not accounted for me switching away (the bill should have only covered a matter of days) so they have estimated usage to the current date…:rolleyes:

Same here. Wiped out £600 credit in one bill for gas and electric I’ve already paid for with out new supplier. To be fair shell’s customer service were very responsive and are regenerating the bills and will refund the credit by………cheque. ‍♂️

Soldato
Same here. Wiped out £600 credit in one bill for gas and electric I’ve already paid for with out new supplier. To be fair shell’s customer service were very responsive and are regenerating the bills and will refund the credit by………cheque. ‍♂️

Good to hear, I've just sent them an email via their site to get the ball rolling with mine. Did you call or email when you dealt with yours?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Had decent service from Shell, too. Just pinged them a DM asking if they would re-do my bill instead of the estimated one, took a few mins and they generated one. Very responsive on Twitter, which is promising.

Soldato
Will be moving to a new rental soon, my current rental includes bills, so will be the 1st in a long time I have had to choose a supplier for gas and electricity, who would you recommend atm

Associate
OIHnPTQ.png

Awaiting my envious looks. :p

I was also prudent and have had a large(ish) solar array and home battery installed this year. ;)

Looks over at you enviously :)

That's a very nice rate.

I moved to Go in November. I have PV and a PW2. Even with the minimal to non existent winter sun, most days i'm getting away with a full day of household usage from the PW2 that charges to 100% during my Go period. That's costing me 86p/day. Once the sun starts shining i'm hoping to see zero grid usage so i'll only have to pay my 18.35 standing charge.

Don
Will be moving to a new rental soon, my current rental includes bills, so will be the 1st in a long time I have had to choose a supplier for gas and electricity, who would you recommend atm

They are all much the same at the moment due to the price cap, just pick a reputable company on a variable tariff and cry at the current cost of energy right now.

Soldato
They are all much the same at the moment due to the price cap, just pick a reputable company on a variable tariff and cry at the current cost of energy right now.

No, don’t do that at all!!!

You want to take over the existing supply to the house, even if it’s a brand new build, there will be an existing supply with one of the big suppliers. Do not agree to any other tariff that isn’t the standard variable one. Do not switch. Do not fix. Await to see how the market conditions change in a few months.

Job jobbed. :)

The energy on the standard variable tariff is being sold to you at a loss, it’s by far the best short term option. That will go up in April but the current fixes on the market are already well above this predicted price. No one knows what will happen next October yet and the cap is only reviewed every 6 months.

Don
No, don’t do that at all!!!

You want to take over the existing supply to the house, even if it’s a brand new build, there will be an existing supply with one of the big suppliers. Do not agree to any other tariff that isn’t the standard variable one. Do not switch. Do not fix. Await to see how the market conditions change in a few months.

Job jobbed. :)

The energy on the standard variable tariff is being sold to you at a loss, it’s by far the best short term option. That will go up in April but the current fixes on the market are already well above this predicted price. No one knows what will happen next October yet and the cap is only reviewed every 6 months.

Sorry, yes you're right just take over the existing supplier. I just meant that there's no point in "shopping around" for the cheapest supplier, just stick with the current variable rate.

Back
Top Bottom