• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Caporegime
Just imagine how good DLSS 3.0 will be which I assume will be released with the 4000 series.

A 4000-series card will be a compelling buy for sure. With stronger RT and the ability to access all versions of DLSS (inc a presumable new one) then it'll be great for a lot of games.

Soldato
Screw all this DLSS and FSR stuff, I want to run native resolution :D
To be honest I can't wait until the 4080, the 3080 is not cutting it for me anymore especially with RT you have to use DLSS which I'm not a fan of.

Not a fan of DLSS? Strange thing to say when many games look better with DLSS on, but each to their own, if you like blurry games go hard - that's the benefit of PC, it's your choice :D

Associate
Not a fan of DLSS? Strange thing to say when many games look better with DLSS on, but each to their own, if you like blurry games go hard - that's the benefit of PC, it's your choice :D

A little ghosting aside from what I've seen of it DLSS looks a fantastic bit of tech. But I want to think it and RT are overhyped and rubbish, so I can ignore the freshly arrived 3090 I have sitting in it's box upstairs and return it or sell it to my friend, rather than stick it in my system and enjoy them in all their glory...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
A 4000-series card will be a compelling buy for sure. With stronger RT and the ability to access all versions of DLSS (inc a presumable new one) then it'll be great for a lot of games.
Yep. Looking forward to it. But hopefully in the mean time can score a Super card. If not, no biggie.

Associate
That's the reason I don't like DLSS - Blurring and trailing/ghosting :D 4k w/ Quality while using a controller is the only acceptable mode for me, at 1440p Quality is not great especially when you play with a mouse with high sensitivity the image breaks up when moving/panning camera fast.
I see its getting improved with DLSS 2.3 but it still bothers me.

Caporegime
Genuine question for those who dislike dlss for the above reasons i.e. ghosting/motion issues. Do you also say the same for games where you use TAA? ;)

https://www.reddit.com/r/FuckTAA/

DLSS may not be "perfect" but it is so much better than TAA, which is in 90% of the games these days and often you have no choice to disable TAA i.e. locked out or if you do disable it, you get even worse IQ with awful shimmering/aliasing.....

In general, I still find that so amusing that people give of about dlss' faults in the past and some still do i.e. certain people say "never use dlss for said motion/ghosting issues" (not referring to anyone in this thread), yet the same people never bat an eye lid when it comes to TAA, which is arguably 10 times worse :p

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Been a few times a game is released and the DLSS implementation is way less than perfect, lots of ghosting.

Usually takes another driver update or two before it’s fixed. Happened to me with at least three games.

Caporegime
Been a few times a game is released and the DLSS implementation is way less than perfect, lots of ghosting.

Usually takes another driver update or two before it’s fixed. Happened to me with at least three games.
Which ones? (outside of versions prior to dlss 2.3 or even dlss 2.0?)

Only one I recall of being problematic somewhat recently was metro enhanced and only when playing in hdr in conjunction with dlss but it turned out to be an issue on the game side that needed the game developer to patch/fix it.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Which ones? (outside of versions prior to dlss 2.3 or even dlss 2.0?)

Only one I recall of being problematic somewhat recently was metro enhanced and only when playing in hdr in conjunction with dlss but it turned out to be an issue on the game side that needed the game developer to patch/fix it.

Metro, CP2077 and I can’t think what the third one was but it’s definitely been three titles so far.

The ghosting was so off putting I couldn’t play any of them until they were fixed.

When DLSS works well though I’ve no complaints.

I always use HDR if it’s available.

Caporegime
Metro, CP2077 and I can’t think what the third one was but it’s definitely been three titles so far.

The ghosting was so off putting I couldn’t play any of them until they were fixed.

When DLSS works well though I’ve no complaints.

I always use HDR if it’s available.

Yeah cyberpunk wasn't perfect at launch, still, I personally much preferred it to the default AA though and only really noticed the trailing issues when driving around i.e. with the tail lights and back wheels.

Associate
What's the IQ lie for DLSS at 1440p? I know 4K gets most of the attention in articles because the frames are most needed at that resolution, but I can't seem to find much regarding IQ at lower resolutions for more recent DLSS versions. With a lower rendering resolution to work from are the results as impressive? I imagine Nvidia will have worked on it a lot as it's a good compromise resolution, especially with RT games.

I'm asking mainly because I'm still undecided on what to do with my 3090 FE (and am completing Halo Infinite on my 6800 XT before making any change as it seems to run as well/better on that!) so I'm trying to get as much info as possible.

Caporegime
Dlss quality with 3440x1440 is very good in my experience. Balanced is usable and sometimes worth it to allow extra visuals effects to be dialled up such as in cyberpunk but ideally I try not to use anything but quality with 1440p.

With 4k, the results all round are definitely much better than at 1440, even performance mode is very good I find for 4k.

All in all, it is a much superior solution to fsr especially for 1440p.

Associate
All in all, it is a much superior solution to fsr especially for 1440p.

I've only tried FSR in WWZ which wasn't great (and totally unnecessary with the frame rates I was achieving). But good to know that you rate it, and I always look at Ultra quality when reading through benchmarks, only rarely have I seen lower settings recommended for the vast majority of games.

Could my lower pixel density (32" monitor) exacerbate any IQ issues? I suppose a point in favour for DLSS is that I quickly acclimatised to the drop in clarity after moving from a 27" monitor (I suspect the novelty of the G7's curve helped me overlook that).

Back
Top Bottom