Did work get you a Xmas gift?

Soldato
Maybe not the worst employer but when I worked for Screwfix, who certainly weren't amongst the better places I've worked for how they treat staff, they did fairly decent gifts at Easter and Christmas, especially if certain targets were met in the run up. Quite a few years ago now though so no idea what they are like these days.

How are you targeted at Screwfix? I've been in there heaps recently, and never have they done anything more than give me my click and collect order. I would have thought there'd be an opportunity for upselling but they have never taken it. I'm going to be picking up two hammers tonight, you'd have thought they'd suggest an axe, some black bags and a few bottles of lye to go with them; but I doubt they'll offer me anything.

Soldato
How are you targeted at Screwfix? I've been in there heaps recently, and never have they done anything more than give me my click and collect order. I would have thought there'd be an opportunity for upselling but they have never taken it. I'm going to be picking up two hammers tonight, you'd have thought they'd suggest an axe, some black bags and a few bottles of lye to go with them; but I doubt they'll offer me anything.

Their targets are based on the number of reports they make to the local constabulary. Safe to say you’ll be contributing to their bonus.

Man of Honour

I can't remember specifics now (it was back in 1998-2003) - was based on number of orders processed, etc. I did various call centre and warehouse roles while a student.

Soldato
I spose i shouldn't bother answering this until tomorrow when we finish, but as there hasn't been a member of staff or any of the hierarchy in all week it's looking like nothing.

We worked our solids off all year to the tune of 7 day weeks during the summer for 12/14hrs or in my case up to 21 hours to shove contracts over the line. The guy that works for me will walk away happy though, being big drinker i sorted him out with £400 worth of stellar.

Soldato
We get our xmas bonus (each year) plus also got an unexpected xmas hamper from Bettys tea room.
A big tin of shortbread (which me and my girlfriend both love) tea and coffee. Perfect gift

Soldato
Nope and as usual I didn't get invited to the Christmas party. The joys of being a remote employee.

Still, I'm sure I'll get an email with some buzzword bingo nonsense from the CEO's EA signed off in the same of the CEO. Way to make your employees feel valued.

Back
Top Bottom