The Matrix 4

Caporegime
Its because Lana is trans and he doesnt like that.
Its even more hilarious since the reason this film exists has nothing to do with any of that, but the loss of loved ones.

Yeah, and for that I really enjoyed it, I enjoyed the nods to the passed, the changes, the story and the changes to agent smith.

I can agree though that there was some ideas present that sadly don’t go anywhere, it’s certainly not the perfect way to bring the film back but I can appreciate what is there.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you are booked at the cinema to see this. Don't risk covid for this. Cancel your tickets and try and get a refund.

I didn't think anything could be as bad as #2 but this film makes that look like a masterpiece.

I'm to much of a tight ass to walk out of a film cause I might as well get my moneys worth but this is a walk out film.

Last edited:
Soldato
For me it just felt like one of those "The Asylum" rip-offs of blockbusters which comes out a few weeks before-hand. In effect all it did was remind me how good the original was by showing me just how poor this "homage" reboot/sequel/re-imagining version was.

Soldato
crikey

that was disappointing

cyberpunk story was x10 better than this

neo and trin was good
bugs was good
morpheus guy was good
here and there for a few seconds you get occasional matrixiness that feels authentic
few good ideas here and there like the digital people in the real world or the machines on our side
having neo and trinity trapped in the matrix being suppressed by blue pills etc was cool

music was rubbish
fight scenes not very good, blurry cam thing was horrid, 95% of neo action is just hands outstretched bubble thing
you didnt get that sense that they had spent weeks / months practicing fight scenes, its just generic
merovingian wtf actual lol
niobe - terrible
smith thing didnt work because wasnt hugo weaving - would have made more sense to use a new agent program or something
the whole "he wrote a computer game called the matrix" was so naff and self referential circle jerk that I hated it
Neil patrick harris was bad
general production value was low, it doesn't have the paired back gritty pioneering quality the original does or the big blockbuster budget feeling of the other two, its like youtuber cosplay quality in some spots
ending was rubbish

Soldato
I enjoyed it tbh, but then i didnt see any trailers so went in blind. It was a bit of a strange film but as i said i enjoyed it, tho it has some elements that i wished were different but ah well. Ur never gona match the first one.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Some of it was good but others.... It was very clear that some parts of the movie were films/directed during one mindset, the rest during another. Some cresative differences or some such maybe. The original is one of my fav movies of all time and I've seen it many times since release, it never gets old and somehow year after year still remains excellent and impressive in all ways. 4 lacks the charm of the original.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
What i really liked about this was the originality of ideas. I was worried it was gonna be a Star Wars ep7 style ripoff fest, which i think it avoided despite having the same major plot points / motivations.

Where it really fell down were the action scenes, just wtf. The bugs…. Please bring back agents. And the overtone of satire at Warner brothers, reboots, and spinoffs (the merovingian closing scene was abysmal). Then the fan service ( not as bad as Spider-Man)
Some undertone of woke in there (he cant make the choice, it’s trinity’s choice)

Despite that i did enjoy watching it. I think a second watch would have me pick it apart and end up hating it, so I’ll stick on one viewing.

Caporegime
Please bring back agents.
Real ones? They seemed genuinely terrifying in the original matrix.... in this they are like "Special Constables" in the UK now

Amazing how many people here use VPN and have HBOMax subs ;)
HBOmax has some good stuff though.... and VPNs are useful for buying games without regional artificially inflated pricing :)

HBO Max costs $9.99 per month with ads and $14.99 per month with no ads
or £10.99 for 2d experience at my local cinemax
..... seems like a no brainer

A whole month of HBOmax vs 2hours odd at the cinema...

What Would You Do? you can';t get a refund at the cinema :p but you can get your monies worth on hbomax :p

I doubt it's as rare as you'd imagine, yea I'm sure some are liars but it's pretty much the cheapest way to see a movie :p cancel netflix for a month

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom