Did work get you a Xmas gift?

Caporegime
Nothing gift wise, no Christmas party either for the last two years due to covid although usually that’s a free bar, free food and live entertainment affair which is pretty good.

I have had a 34% pay rise this year although that’s really just my pay catching up to where it should be after years of stagnation.

Soldato
Nope and as usual I didn't get invited to the Christmas party. The joys of being a remote employee.

Still, I'm sure I'll get an email with some buzzword bingo nonsense from the CEO's EA signed off in the same of the CEO. Way to make your employees feel valued.

That's annoyed my wife a little this year. In the past she's got small token gifts like a £20 Amazon voucher but she started a new job this year as a remote worker.

The company is based down south and generally office based so the Christmas do involved going into London, with various activities in the day and then a huge meal in the evening which must've cost a decent chunk per person in total. My wife wasn't particularly bothered about heading down, but a small token something would've been nice in it's place. Hell even an extra days holiday in place of the day off everyone else got would've been nice!

Soldato
That's annoyed my wife a little this year. In the past she's got small token gifts like a £20 Amazon voucher but she started a new job this year as a remote worker.

The company is based down south and generally office based so the Christmas do involved going into London, with various activities in the day and then a huge meal in the evening which must've cost a decent chunk per person in total. My wife wasn't particularly bothered about heading down, but a small token something would've been nice in it's place. Hell even an extra days holiday in place of the day off everyone else got would've been nice!

I'm past caring now. Also as the part of the business I mostly work for is being sold off I was quite vocal when I was in the office at the beginning of the month about my invite having being lost in the post. I came into the business in 2009 when the company I worked for was acquired, I then transferred into the head office the following year. I'm yet to get invited to a Christmas party.

It's all part and parcel of working in IT. It's a function that's generally seen as purely a cost to the business. I'll be glad when the sale has completed and the TSA has expired.

Caporegime
Not this year which I found strange as we've had a brilliant year compared to last. I can do without the things but it would have been nice to have some form of acknowledgement for the work we've put in.

Same, and it's left a pretty bitter taste in my mouth if I'm being honest. This last year has been absolutely brutal for me, with almost zero support. I'm pretty ****** off that I've not got as much as an e-card or anything.

Soldato
£50 Highstreet voucher, £10 Greggs voucher and a £50 M&S voucher. Happy enough with that.

Christmas party has been cancelled for a second year in a row. I was looking forward to it but definitely the right decision. Hopefully can have something in Summer. Working remotely and field based leaves me pretty cut off from the head office and relationship building opportunities there so keen to meet people more socially.

Soldato
Jesus, I hope he has a few wives.

Just one i believe, estranged, which i think living alone is why he tanks it every night. Simple fella, why i like him.

As expected we got nothing, not a thank you or anything. Several people just walked out today, not that it mattered because nobody was there to even care. We increased turnover from something like 1.5 million to 9 this year with nothing more than the same staffing level, 14/21 hour days making that happen.

Associate
I was asking a few mates and they didn't get anything...not even a card. :(

This is obviously upsetting and I would expect even a little something to say thank you for the work I do.

I received a package today and it contained a lovely Belgian Donut Chocolates by Chocodelice (dunno but they look amazing), £100 Virgin experience vouchers and AirPod Pros. :eek: Plus a lovely card with a message.

Certainly unexpected but hugely grateful and overwhelmed at their kindness as we're only a start-up.

What about you?

(Worst 'Work love me so gave me nice things' thread ever).

No Xmas gift here

Caporegime
We had a Xmas party at a posh restaurant with drinks at the gin bar afterwards with a free bar and taxis paid for all office staff.

everybody got £50 net take home Xmas bonus.

gifts from suppliers were shared round the office.

entire company all got a pay rise varying from 6% to 12% from 1st January

that’s it

Back
Top Bottom