Hermes (now rebranded to EVRi)! Why are they so good?!

Caporegime
Hermes are great for delivery.
And parcel shop service has been very good.

But I've scheduled a collection twice now and both times I've had to get a refund as courier has arrived days late. Often after I have cancelled.
To be clear I've used this service twice ever. So that's a 100 percent fail rate

So no more scheduled collections

Associate
Hermes have been good for us, our Hermes driver is an awesome guy. Yodel on the other hand deserve to be shut down. I won't order from places of they deliver with Yodel, I'm done with them throwing my packages my my door and running off - if they even bother to deliver at all. It's 50/50 whether they'll drive past the house, I get a notification saying "sorry you weren't in" and drive off again, or if they'll so, run half way up the drive and throw the package.

I complained to ****** and said while they use Yodel I won't be ordering after the guy threw my motherboard.

Man of Honour
Had to complain to Hermes yesterday.
My wife was sent a picture that was pitch black so you can't identify where they've put it.
Got home and there were two parcels on the doorstep :(
We have got a chest height gate right next to the door, you'd think they would use their brains and drop parcels over or seeing that the gate is open, just put it inside.

doorgate.jpg

Associate
The order that was placed on the 8th December still hasn't left the purgatory that is the Hermes network. So I took a punt and ordered the exact same item on the 18th and it was delivered by DPD today.

If anyone is looking for an excuse to punch their monitor, try the Hermes customer help system website.

Soldato
Is it possible to speak to anyone at Hermes ? A coupe of months back an item sent with them never arrived, now I'm waiting for a monitor that has been delayed for 2 days now... Why does so much stuff get lost with them

Last edited:
Caporegime
Last few things I've had delivered by Hermes have been fine.

If there's any **** courier at the moment it'd be royal mail.

Same. I no longer do pick up as its unreliable. But nothing is lost.
Although I do have one I've sent currently in "the hermes network" anxious times! :D

Soldato
My monitor was eventually declared lost by the seller. The tracking still hasn't updated and shows as 'delayed'

They replaced the order for me and I've had the email to say that Hermes have it... I wonder if they will actually deliver this one

Soldato
My other half orders lots of stuff that is delivered by Hermes.

The delivery woman is awesome.

I imagine they have a good network, but the last mile so to speak, is the variable.

Soldato
I must say, I think Hermes have turned a corner, at least in my area. In the past whenever I've seen their name on the confirmation, my stomach sinks and I prepare myself for rooting round in neighbours bins to find my parcel. Lately they've been prompt, proffessional and have left my deliveries on the doorstep.

Their website even works well.

Soldato
Currently waiting on a hermes delivery that was due "no later than the 18th" with no explanation or new eta. Not particularly impressed.

Soldato
OP
Anne turned up in middle of allotted time -9.30-11.30 and she was here at 11.00 - pulled past the drive reversed up drive with no problem. -Met her at back door -she took a pic and was on her way.
First class she is.
Watched DPD take a parcel to mate over the road -left it by back gate and never even knocked - I sent him a whats app

Back
Top Bottom