Best place for older consols thats not ebay?

Soldato
Okay so I know eBay would be a good place but i dont trust it and never have, ill use it for cheap buys such as phone cases etc.

Im after a PSP as i wanna visit older games such as 3rd Birthday, FF Crisis Core etc

Soldato
I find quite a few PSPs on Gumtree and FB Marketplace, with some people asking for £30 with a few games and some people asking £80.

I would highly, highly recommend getting a 3003 instead of a launch 1003 model for the vastly better screen. Unless you're modding in which case I don't know!

Be warned but I think that T3B is quite expensive on disk when I last checked.

There is also always CEX but expect to pay more towards the £80 but you do get a guarantee.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I find quite a few PSPs on Gumtree and FB Marketplace, with some people asking for £30 with a few games and some people asking £80.

I would highly, highly recommend getting a 3003 instead of a launch 1003 model for the vastly better screen. Unless you're modding in which case I don't know!

Be warned but I think that T3B is quite expensive on disk when I last checked.

There is also always CEX but expect to pay more towards the £80 but you do get a guarantee.
Thanks, Last model I owned which would have been release was 2000, prior to that i had the original launch model the fat one (also best built one from what i remember), modding im not too fussed for now, I was back in the day but i suspect modding scene on it would be dead now any way

Associate
There's a retro games shop in York - sore thumbs. I was there a couple of months ago and they had tons of consoles and retro games. They have a website as well. Might be worth contacting them?

Associate
Okay so I know eBay would be a good place but i dont trust it and never have, ill use it for cheap buys such as phone cases etc.

Im after a PSP as i wanna visit older games such as 3rd Birthday, FF Crisis Core etc

The best PSP is a vita.
Sure you can pick one up locally from facebook marketplace

Soldato
Personally I'd stick with eBay for something like this, if not in a rush just wait for the right item from the right buyer - a heck of a lot of choice.

Edit- not stick with as such, just wouldn't exclude it

Soldato
I got a boxed PSP Go from eBay for £92.
Boxed with instructions and N1000 official Sony carry case. Excellent condition on the box and device.
I then bought an official charger for £18 (because the cable head was damaged on the one that arrived)

Other bits purchased like a clear hardshell case, component av cable, PSP Go N340 cradle, 8gb m2 card and smart mount for DS3 pad.

What I have now is a perfect portable device thats capable of playing all PSX games with the Sony built in emulator, PSP games, homebrew and many other emulators. It can also be hooked up to TV and charges in the cradle whilst using a DS3 pad with Bluetooth. Bluetooth headphones and speakers also connect fine.

Playing through the PSP version of Bomberman 94 currently (the Turbogfx 16 version)

Last edited:
Soldato
Member's market and AvF classifieds have been good to me over the years.

Local CeX shops can be ok and you can check out the console beforing buying. Typically offer warranty as well.

Back
Top Bottom