Hawkeye TV show

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Cool. I thought it was him. Great actor, underrated in my opinion. Is daredevil any good? I will assume it's popped up on my Disney + home screen due to this episode of Hawkeye.

Wilson Fisk. Aka Kingpin of Crime. He is the boss of bosses of the crime underworld. All super villains and criminals have to pay respect and cut if they want to do "business" in his turf.

However as someone mentioned bit water down to fit the pg-13 theme. To be honest from the show
he wouldn't dirty his hands on combat. Conventionally he have a tonne of criminals and super powered assassins at his disposal

Associate
Generally really enjoyed it.

Sorry, who was the watch owner? What was the relevance there? I realised it was a Shield watch, but missed anything else on it?

I believe it references Agent 19, codename Mockingbird. It is basically a bit of potential background for Hawkeyes missus

What you have to remember about Kingpin in the comics is that he isn't at all fat, it is pure muscle. Hence him being able to punch with more force and take more damage.

Soldato
Ok done. I’d be up for a Yelena/Kate comedic duo thing although it might get old quickly. I never feel like I’ve wasted my life watching these Marvel series but equally nothing has been super-enthralling either, at least from start to finish. Flashes of cool stuff and a lot of filler.

Soldato
Ok done. I’d be up for a Yelena/Kate comedic duo thing although it might get old quickly.

As obvious as it may sound, I'd guessing that this pairing is the Phase 4 version of "Hawkeye and Black Widow" and as such they'll need to have a few wacky "missions" together to give them a similar bond to the OG pairing, possibly shown in a Movie or two (one new Black Widow film and/or one new Hawkeye film with both in them before the next "Avengers" film).

Soldato
Apparently they actually had an alternative ending planned that involved Daredevil but due to scheduling and transportation issues due to lockdowns etc they just couldn’t make it happen.

There is also supposed to be yet another spinoff this one with Echo in the works.

Soldato
I really enoyed this series, far more than I thought I would and up there with WandaVision as the best series for me.

Great to see Kingpin back and the inclusion of the Netflix series in to the MCU.

As Charlie Cox’s Daredevil is also in Spiderman

Last edited:
Soldato
I really enoyed this series, far more than I thought I would and up there with WandaVision as the best series for me.

Great to see Kingpin back and the inclusion of the Netflix series in to the MCU.

As Charisn Cox’s Daredevil is also in Spiderman

Didn't enjoy Loki?

Soldato
Didn't enjoy Loki?

Overall I did, I just found the episodes up and down which for such short seasons there shouldn’t be any duds.

Personally I’d put WandaVision and Hawkeye as the best, Loki in a close second with FatWS trailing someway behind in third (I’m not a fan of Mackie so mostly only enjoyed the Winter soldier parts).

Caporegime
I got a notification that this as a show has 'ended' (as opposed to 'returning show') so more of a mini series? Was this known all along, that it would just be the one season?
I think the idea was to pass the Hawkeye Baton on to Kate and introduce Yelena more into the mainstream MCU. I suspect after Armor Wars there’s going to be a young avengers team up of some sort, most likely a tv series.

Soldato
I had seriously low expectations for this, Hawkeye has always been my least favourite in the MCU, well after Brie Larson actually. But this turned out to be really great, Kate Bishop was awesome, Renner was genuinely good in this, Florence Pugh is insane and steals every scene shes in (same as in Black Widow), for me this was the best marvel series.

The lowish wokeness helped as well, maybe disney has realised their fanbase arent interested in it.

Back
Top Bottom