Halo Infinite

Man of Honour
2600 for the Wasp IIRC. It's great for flying about in and getting to new places to collect items.

Anyone still completely confused by the story? I've ended it and I'm still none the wiser.

Typical Halo. You normally have to read the terminals and the lore posted online to know what’s going on. I haven’t bothered with the generic plot since Halo 3.

Associate
Finished the game a couple of days ago.

The combat is great. The open world is kind of pointless I feel. They should have kept the game linear with some wide-open areas like the previous games. The story is not good. I finished the game and am still unsure how or why they got to the ring. It finishes on a cliffhanger but I have no idea about what could possibly come next.

If it wasn't for the stellar combat mechanics then this would be a bad game in my opinion. As it stands I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10 for the campaign.

Soldato
The story is just a mess simply put. The combat etc is great, which is what keeps you going.

More of the story is in the logs you pick up but it still doesn't make it any clearer.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Having never played a Halo game and been on Xbox since the 360 days I thought I would give Infinite a go, loved it! so I thought I'd try the previous ones, even Guardians. However I can't get on with them :(

Can't be bothered with multiplayer though

Soldato
Having never played a Halo game and been on Xbox since the 360 days I thought I would give Infinite a go, loved it! so I thought I'd try the previous ones, even Guardians. However I can't get on with them :(

The mechanics in the older games are hard to get past if you’ve not previously played them.

Decent stories but not much else, until you get to Reach.

Soldato

Reach is still the best Halo for me when it comes to Story. Id say give that ago at least.

Soldato
Anyone else have trouble getting into MP games? First loads fine but after that it fails and I have to keep trying until I eventually get in or restart the game, rinse repeat

Man of Honour
Anyone else have trouble getting into MP games? First loads fine but after that it fails and I have to keep trying until I eventually get in or restart the game, rinse repeat

Only if you’re playing the trash that is BTB. They other modes should be fine if you’re not launching Halo from quick resume.

Soldato
I like BTB now and then, and would have especially liked to play more of it over the Xmas break with some friends who are new to it / ones I'm trying to convince to try Halo. Really is a shame that it's broken AF at the moment as I think it's a mode that lures newer players into it, and from there some make their way into Arena modes / feeding the games population.

343's hopefully back from Xmas holidays, and I hope they communicate some sort of roadmap / fixes soon. I don't think I've come across many cheaters (only one or two very obvious ones), but I think the word of mouth / social media chatter is putting a fair few people off, hurting the population even more.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I like BTB now and then, and would have especially liked to play more of it over the Xmas break with some friends who are new to it / ones I'm trying to convince to try Halo. Really is a shame that it's broken AF at the moment as I think it's a mode that lures newer players into it, and from there some make their way into Arena modes / feeding the games population.

343's hopefully back from Xmas holidays, and I hope they communicate some sort of roadmap / fixes soon. I don't think I've come across many cheaters (only one or two very obvious ones), but I think the word of mouth / social media chatter is putting a fair few people off, hurting the population even more.

Using a mouse is dirty on BTB, they really need to add a controller only option to that mode as that is putting off more players than the apparant cheating. The aim assist stops working for pad users at mid range and even horrendous mouse users wreck decent pad players at BTB's typically long range fights.

Associate
So I have just started this - is this game hard (on normal) - or is it just me. Finally battled my way out into the "world" via numerous deaths and retries - not just from the first boss but normal mobs also.

Having to hide behind scenery literally every 10 secs while my armour recharges is very tedious

Bit too much of a slog for me and I find I am not itching to fire it up again.

Soldato
I didn't find it all that much more or less difficult than anything else i've played recently, though been a while since i've played a FPS properly. It was pretty tedious leading up to the open world area, but it did get better after that.

Soldato
So I have just started this - is this game hard (on normal) - or is it just me. Finally battled my way out into the "world" via numerous deaths and retries - not just from the first boss but normal mobs also.

Having to hide behind scenery literally every 10 secs while my armour recharges is very tedious

Bit too much of a slog for me and I find I am not itching to fire it up again.
Id say just you :p, every one skill levels is different if anything though id say this is the easiest halo ever as the game is mostly open you can avoid most damage and deal plenty from afar so in that sense you dont need to engage close. I did it on Heroic solo.

I would have done legendary but ill leave that for a co-op run as thats how I've done in the past with friends

Back
Top Bottom