When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
Took the motorway route from work today, minimal traffic and it was good to give the engine a clear out - blow the cobwebs off.
Not to mention give the dpf a burn to clear the ash.

Oh the roar of a MG5 EV is not to be missed, but most people do.

Lots of vehicles spewing out black stuff from their exhausts ( what are these again?)
Restricted to 50 going past junction 7 (M6) due to a sign about reducing air pollution:eek:

Merry Christmas.
I’m so confused

Soldato
Agreed. I followed a van today and it was spitting out a thick smoke screen in its wake, it stunk. I'm totally converted now. I took the GFs diesel out yesterday and it was just crap. Despite being auto, it felt laborious/labouring to drive, plus it stunk.

Associate
I followed a mod3 today and i presume regen brakes on full as it really slowed quickly but no brake lights. If that is the case, i think having brake lights linked in with high regen would be useful to alert following cars.

Soldato
I followed a mod3 today and i presume regen brakes on full as it really slowed quickly but no brake lights. If that is the case, i think having brake lights linked in with high regen would be useful to alert following cars.

The bake lights come on when it’s doing anything other than light regeneration. Mine certainly do anyway.

Associate
Jeez, do you do any pre-conditioning? Is this all motorway driving?

I'm yet to see below even 3mi/kWh in my Kona, except at the start of a drive while the heater is stealing a lot of charge, but it soon evens out.
I’ve turned precondition on twice when it was bit frosty other then that no.
I do 60ish mile a day , mostly dual carriageway/ hills. I do tend to drive to the limit but mostly put cruise on.

guessing car isn’t great economy side, I’d say 180-200 range tops.

Soldato
Still adds to electricity use with preconditions even if the journey use looks better.
Well the idea is you'd pre-condition while still plugged in at home, though then that brings up the question of cost vs range - as you'll probably precondition outside the cheap hours you'll be paying normal rate electricity vs the cheaper electricity stored in the battery, but then that costs range so... difficult one.

Man of Honour
Agreed. I followed a van today and it was spitting out a thick smoke screen in its wake, it stunk. I'm totally converted now.

I don't really understand posts like this. What point is it that you are trying to make? A van that is doing that is defective and should not be on the road. The fact it is on the road is a problem but it's not 'because its an ICE' its because its broken and badly maintained.

Soldato
First problem with our Ioniq yesterday.

wouldn’t start. Unable to turn on at all. Couldn’t even open the charging port.

It was the 12v battery under the bonnet - down at 7 volts - whilst the main pack still had 80% charge. Zero idea what caused it.

recovery company came out and put a battery booster on so we could start it. Took it for a quick drive to get some power into it and left it on charge overnight. Now back up to 12.5 volts and all ok.

Soldato
First problem with our Ioniq yesterday.

wouldn’t start. Unable to turn on at all. Couldn’t even open the charging port.

It was the 12v battery under the bonnet - down at 7 volts - whilst the main pack still had 80% charge. Zero idea what caused it.

recovery company came out and put a battery booster on so we could start it. Took it for a quick drive to get some power into it and left it on charge overnight. Now back up to 12.5 volts and all ok.
Apparently its a common fault with these and the 12v battery.

Associate
I don't really understand posts like this. What point is it that you are trying to make? A van that is doing that is defective and should not be on the road. The fact it is on the road is a problem but it's not 'because its an ICE' its because its broken and badly maintained.
Drive through brum, there's a lot of badly maintained vehicles.
Stink like crap regardless of if followed by an ev or not.
Wherever the future lies it needs to hurry up.

Soldato
After 60,000 miles and 7 years 9 months, my 2014 Nissan Leaf lost its first battery capacity bar. Noticed it this morning.

Not bad going. But I was hoping to offload it before that happened :p

Soldato
After 60,000 miles and 7 years 9 months, my 2014 Nissan Leaf lost its first battery capacity bar. Noticed it this morning.

Not bad going. But I was hoping to offload it before that happened :p

Wow, pretty impressive. I don't think it'll make that much difference in the current market place, and the low supply of second hand BEV's yet high demand.

Soldato
What range is that down to after loosing its first bar?

Not bad given it’s age!

Had a quick look, and I managed 56 miles about a week and a half ago. That was tight though. Realistically, in winter, range is 50 miles with a buffer of a few miles for emergencies.

Back
Top Bottom