Ashes of creation.

Man of Honour
Have you ever had a castle siege with 1000s of people that didn't lag?

Ashes of creation wont have 1000s of people in a castle siege, they are initially aiming for 250 v 250 but so far the most they've achieved is 100 v 100 , which is actually less than the old DAOC sieges (which were 100 v 100 v 100) and on top of that the DAOC battleground sieges ran 24/7 , 365 days a year, whereas the Ashes of Creation castle siege will only happen once a month and only for a few hours.

Soldato
I don't really like the anime style.

Fair enough, each to their own, ir wasn't a personal reccomendation, more in answer to your statement that a decent MMO would bring people back, I think FFXIV already has. As for the style I find it a little inconsistent, but with reshade installed the world looks really nice and that sort of compensates for it. Whether you can batter your way thru the ARR MSQ is another matter, it is INFURIATING in places. But once you have, you can play every job on one carachter.

Someone also said earlier that MMO's have had their day I don't think that's the case either, the audience is there but the games need to catch up. I suspect if you're a 25 year vet who played EQ, UO, early days Warcraft and have seen the genre change, (the social aspect is clearly not what it is) then it might be you who has had their day with MMO's.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
You're delusional if you think AoC will deliver on something so ridiculous as 1000s vs 1000s.

Correct the player limit for sieges were capped for AOC I think it it was 48 or 64 players on either side. A great deal of fun when the cheaters were not involved. One guild was particularly bad for it and it ruined the server really

Associate
Correct the player limit for sieges were capped for AOC I think it it was 48 or 64 players on either side. A great deal of fun when the cheaters were not involved. One guild was particularly bad for it and it ruined the server really

So as I said - same old same old...

Man of Honour
Are you sure they are capped. Its open world so surely anyone can walk in to the siege zone.

They are definitely capped, the devs themselves said that they are aiming for it to be 250 v 250 at launch (though they also say that they currently have only done 100 v 100 max during testing) , so its definitely planned to be capped, and of course only once a month, for 6 hours only.

Man of Honour
I think castle sieges used to be every weekend or 2 on lineage 2.

But you havevto also consider that there is more than one castle.

Castle sieges in DAOC were 24/7 , 365 days a year :D

I'm just going by what the devs have said, it was them who stated that "sieges occur once a month" , I mean as yet they havent even decided if the castle sieges will be instanced or not, so theres going to be a chance still that the castle sieges wont be open world. Either way though, the devs said that the most have they managed so far is 100 v 100 and that they hope to have that at 250 v 250 by launch.

Soldato
So they've announced they are porting the engine over to Unreal 5, smart decision at least we know it'll look amazing and should hopefully run well with a lot of folks onscreen at the same time.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
On paper it does look very good, been following progress for a while now. Having said that I'm going to wait until after release and see how the game is (and more importantly, how the player base matures) before committing.

I dunno though - feels like MMOs like this have had their day in the sun.

I think it only feels like mmos have had their day is because WoW kind of killed all the others and then they went pay to win which is obviously rubbish.

I think a decent game will bring people back to the genre.

I agree, although another point to mention is, when I was young (twenties) I could burn free time and pour it into MMO's like WoW. There's not a chance I will ever do that again chiefly because I have a family now, but also you kind of make that trade-off in real life time as you get older where games that are more pick up and play fit the mould better.

Soldato
That doesn't annoy me as much as when they feel the need to overlay a small video showing themselves sat at their PC. I mean, why? What's the ******* point?

A part of twitch culture is live reactions and having yourself on camera enhances that. You're not going to get or understand everything that goes on I suppose, you're probably old too :p

Man of Honour
Its amazing how much of an actual headache that video gave me , in just 18 minutes of it, from the motion blur. God knows why anyone plays games with motion blur turned on.

Caporegime
Its amazing how much of an actual headache that video gave me , in just 18 minutes of it, from the motion blur. God knows why anyone plays games with motion blur turned on.
depth of field etc to..... your eyes don't have it..... it's like cataract vision

I usually turn bloom, god rays etc off too though.

if every game has a rainbow I'd disable that too... it's not normal to me or realistic

Back
Top Bottom