• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Selling GPU to CEX

Associate
Looking on their site now their sell prices are still ridiculous but their buy prices have plummeted massively. 5700xt was £585 cash last week, £399 now.

I suspect they will be reluctant to pay decent money for nvidia 3000 cards with the new supers coming out in a few weeks and the 4000 series coming in 8 months

Soldato
where are you based?

Might get more interest, I had no luck though, and just ended up selling and posting via rmsd when I've sold cards.

Generally a bad time of year to sell anything second hand mind you.
South Wales, yeah I'll have to wait a week or 2 now, question is should i wait a bit longer or just sell asap.

The collection only bit is making it an issue most likely. But if i sell with postage on ebay it's a bit of a risk.. so dunno what to do.

Associate
Looking on their site now their sell prices are still ridiculous but their buy prices have plummeted massively. 5700xt was £585 cash last week, £399 now.

Glad I cashed in on my 1080ti last week, price has dropped £90 since. I suppose with each new nvidia drop they get more and more stock and the available pool of people looking to buy shrinks a little and with another drop in Europe last week, the next UK one can't be far away.

Soldato
Be interesting to see how long it is before they drop their sell price, I suspect they'll be losing profit as the demand drops and they don't really want stock sat on the shelf doing nothing..

C64

C64

Soldato
No they drop the buy prices at christmas to take advantage of desperate sellers.The supply chain and lack of workers will still be an issue prices will go back up once the new cards drop and nobody can get one.
Notice how they didn't drop the sell price much it's just normal buy sell practice at christmas.

Associate
Bad experience selling my 3080 FE today to CEX.
They refused saying the card is faulty because their monitor was blanking out and their PC froze and card was running 'quiet hot' during their testing.
Yet I have ran stress testing for hours with zero problems (before and now).
OCCT running for hours with zero errors (both GPU and VRAM tests).
Unigine running without problems.
FurMark also no problems.
While stress testing: GPU temp is 77c and 318watts (memory junction 92c, hot spot temp 89c).
I'm using/browsing while stress testing with zero problems (on my 165Hz monitor).

Who is wrong here? Me or CEX?

I’ve had cards rejected for various reasons at one store only to be fine when I take them to a different one. Either take it to a different store or send it off to them.

Soldato
Might take mine off gumtree.

When i sold my 980Ti on ebay, the buyer was completely fine even though he had fairly low feedback. Though I did feel something suspicious about one of the early bidders, he was from a different country and kept being the highest bidder after someone else bid on it. Cancelled his bids telling him i wasn't comfortable with sending elsewhere, it was only after i cancelled his bids that i saw his ridiculously high max bid, so obviously a scammer.

I might try my 3080 on ebay with postage but am a bit uncomfortable seeing as it's worth a lot more than the 240 i got for my 980Ti.

Man of Honour
Glad I cashed in on my 1080ti last week, price has dropped £90 since. I suppose with each new nvidia drop they get more and more stock and the available pool of people looking to buy shrinks a little and with another drop in Europe last week, the next UK one can't be far away.
Might be a seasonal thing as well, Christmas meaning people are both a) hard up for cash and b) more likely to be getting an upgrade as a gift and hence selling their old hardware.

There's still some really odd pricing going on there though that makes no sense to me. E.g. the sell/buy/voucher prices for 7950 are all higher than 7970 despite them having no stock of the 7970. The 7950 is categorically a worse card than a 7970 so there is no way they should be offering more cash/voucher for it given they don't have any 7970s. I mean if they are prepared to pay £22 for a 7950 why wouldn't they pay £22 for a 7970 given the fact the 7970 will surely be easier to sell at a given price?
Only possible explanation I can think of is maybe the 7970 has a worse failure rate and they are worried about their warranty or something.

Soldato
Had a little bit of interest on gumtree for 1100 for my 3080, so might be able to sell it within the next few days or so. I realise that's a bit lower than what they go for on ebay but if there's no fee promotions then it's roughly similar anyway. Don't think it's a bad price for a TUF card and no potential ebay hassle? Would've liked a bit more but don't want to put buyers off by being too greedy either.
That is underpriced for a TUF or any 3080. LHRs were going for 1100-1200 a month ago but I can't see any going for that price now. If you weren't miles away Id be interested.

Soldato

Sold my 1080 for £280 I'm sure it was north of £300 at one point did while away for xmas its not so easy to find a store around here, its the FTW model with the overheating VRM's (and with the BIOS "fix" from EVGA where the fans don't even move so had to switch to the backup BIOS) that was literally gathering dust on my shelf for the last couple of years so I don't feel too bad about it. Thats two cards disposed of at CEX now

Soldato
Jesus they are only giving £899 for a 3080Fe now and selling them for £1550!!!

Insane!

Their paying £250 above MSRP. £1550 is laughable though, you can easily get a 3080 TI for £1300 from scalpers.

Chances are after tomorrows nVidia presentation at CES the prices might get worse if they announce the cards being rumoured.

Soldato
Their paying £250 above MSRP. £1550 is laughable though, you can easily get a 3080 TI for £1300 from scalpers.

Chances are after tomorrows nVidia presentation at CES the prices might get worse if they announce the cards being rumoured.

Why do you think they will get worse? Are the 4*** supposed to be super expensive or a let down?

Back
Top Bottom