New car arrived 485bhp 0-60 in 3.7

Soldato
So I replaced the Macan (for sale) and I8 (sold) with a tesla model 3 LR with Acceleration boost.

I’m seeing it as more of a tool to get me from A to B in comfort.

It’s quick but obviously without any excitement Or fun but for £50k it’s a lot of car for the money.

I spend around £500 a month on fuel which will go down to around £70 on electricity.

I have only had it a couple of days but first impressions are very good. It just seems to work.

Can’t seem to post images but link here:

https://imgur.com/a/2hTjSgK

Soldato
OP
Like I said save up a bit more and wait

lol. If I’m spending 100k it’s not going up be on a Tesla.
It gets you from A to B but there is no way in hell I would drop 100k on a Tesla. It’s fantastic at this price point And a good tool.

Buying a Tesla for comfort is a slightly strange decision, they're some of the least comfortable vehicles on the market

Don’t get me wrong. It’s not Luxury But it’s comfortable enough very easy to drive and has quite a decent Soundsystem.

I’m going to give Turo a go also.

Permabanned
I haven't tried the sound system out on one, but imagine the reduction in noise and vibration in an electric vehicle would make some nice improvements to the quality... if road noise and wind noise are well controlled. I really dislike the seats & suspension in them though.

Any reason not to look at the Taycan? The entry level model doesn't seem that much higher price & I'd expect the build quality / residuals to be higher.

Soldato
I haven't tried the sound system out on one, but imagine the reduction in noise and vibration in an electric vehicle would make some nice improvements to the quality... if road noise and wind noise are well controlled. I really dislike the seats & suspension in them though.

Any reason not to look at the Taycan? The entry level model doesn't seem that much higher price & I'd expect the build quality / residuals to be higher.
Yea 73 grand is pretty much the same as 50:D. I had a look at tartans (for a laugh), the amount porsche charge for some stuff is insane (and I love porsches). I'd say a like for like comparison would be with the 4s anyway, sorry its the tourism that's the cheapest 4wd, but then it's 84k:eek:.

Soldato
OP

I would love to get the tycan but with options it’s 100k and just too big around london.

I am waiting for the macan EV to come out

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a little jealous as I should have gone straight for a LR but SR+ seemed better suited to a 40 mile daily commute. I promised myself the next one will have a Sport mode though 99% of the time I just drive in Chill.

First new car for me so £40K was a decent sum but having owned a 2015 i3 that had gone up in value made the decision much easier and that was 2 years a go.

Back
Top Bottom