Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Associate
I can't recommend a proper crimp as the place I got mine from stopped making them. I do like the Engineer PA-09 crimps though. They only do one pair of wings at a time so they take a lot longer but you can see what you're doing and get both sets right. Also good for the really tiny ones. Pic of them here

I've been looking at them for a while and noticed the rain forest has them back in stock. It looks like you've had yours for while - have they lasted well? There's a few reviews on there that say the jaws are not hardened, but some that also say they were made in Taiwan not Japan so potentially not genuine :/

Soldato
I can't say I've done all that many with them - that 20-odd pin connector and a few others but certainly not hundreds. No sign of any wear though. I've got a few other tools by Engineer like a solder-sucker and they've all been good....and sourced from (and sold by) where you're looking too at about £40 and back in 2016.

Associate
If my failing memory is right, I think you can connect two pumps by y splitter but they will be as a single unit rather than individual but been years since I done it. Might be best to ask over at the Aqua computer English forum

Soldato
Yes. You need to configure a unique Aquabus address via USB and then as long as your Y splitter connects all 3 (or all 4) pins it will work. Some fan splitters leave out the tacho wire from one of the sides - which is correct for fans but no good for splitting Aquabus.
That's what the fan/Aquabus selection jumper on a Splitty will change.

Soldato
Just building a custom loop in my Meshlicious case and using the Quadro as my board lacks a temp sensor and I wanted to base the fan curve off the water temp.

I have the pump PWM cable plugged into the CPU fan header on the motherboard. Can the Quadro still control the pump speed if it’s plugged in here rather than directly into the Quadro? I’d rather keep it plugged into the board so I can monitor for pump failure.

Soldato
Just building a custom loop in my Meshlicious case and using the Quadro as my board lacks a temp sensor and I wanted to base the fan curve off the water temp.

I have the pump PWM cable plugged into the CPU fan header on the motherboard. Can the Quadro still control the pump speed if it’s plugged in here rather than directly into the Quadro? I’d rather keep it plugged into the board so I can monitor for pump failure.
I don't believe this is possible with any Aquacomputer stuff (or any other product). What you could do, is either split the RPM sense wire to two places, or just move the PWM signal from the pump cable over to a spare fan plug, and plug it into the Quadro.

However - do you intend/need to control the pump speed? Once I had tested out noise levels, temperatures, speed range etc I stuck with a constant pump speed. I rearranged the wiring so it reports to the motherboard for monitoring but nothing can control the PWM. If I'm doing any filling or bleeding then the side panel is off and I just twiddle the Vario dial beneath the pump manually :)

Associate
Just realised that to use an aquabus cable on the d5 Next I need to use the rgbpx cable type. But they’re only for sale at AquaComputer directly, no one else seems to stock them… but AC don’t deliver to UK! Thanks, Brexit.

Associate
What about if you are trying to tune water so you’d maybe need to look for a website that was aquatuning and a uk based one as well might be worth a look ;)

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Just realised that to use an aquabus cable on the d5 Next I need to use the rgbpx cable type. But they’re only for sale at AquaComputer directly, no one else seems to stock them… but AC don’t deliver to UK! Thanks, Brexit.

I've got rgbpx cables before from a UK company, just had a quick look, they have the 200cm one in at the moment but the shorter one is out of stock and the other place I use in the Netherlands normally always had stock.

Associate
Hi there,
I'm about to get the Aquaero 6 LT and was just wanting to know if none AC flow sensors work with it ?
I am tempted by the Alphacool ES Flow And Temperature Indicator one as it's a tidier combination.
Otherwise i'll go for the Aquacomputer flow sensor high flow LT :)
Cheers
Damian

Soldato
Not tried one but I would suspect not. It might report as a fan and show rpm or it might connect as a flow sensor that's the same/higher/lower calibration than an AC sensor. Might be configurable, not sure and don't have access to check for the sec.
Some of the AC flow sensors also have a temp sensor in too. Different models connect in different ways too. There's a flow connector that connects to an Aquaero or a PowerAdjust that looks like a fan connector. It's not it's bigger and helpfully is NOT included with the sensor and must be purchased separately.
The USB versions will connect by USB and report to Aquasuite but often they also have Aquabus and can connect directly to the Aquaero so they are independent of Windows.

Associate
Yeah !! i've got a draw full of those adventurous things that I thought were a good idea at the time ! :)

Another question ...

I currently run 4 x 120mm Corsair rad fans from a 4 pin splitter with the power coming from a Molex direct from the PSU ...
Since the Aquaero 6 LT has only 4 fan outputs, am I still ok with running the 4 Corsair fans from the same splitter configuration but with the control cable plugged into one of the four headers on the Aquaero 6 , the other 3 headers would be supplying power to 3 other fans (2 are non pwm)
Or would i need to get one of those Splitty4 things ?
Logically to me there should be no issue as the Aquaero is still seeing the rpm and is controlling the PWM output, and there would effectively be less current drain on it.

Any thoughts ?
Cheers
Damian

Back
Top Bottom