*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
Has anyone tried to install Windows 11 on a Surface Go (1st Gen)? I know it is not officially compatible, due to the CPU, but am interested to know if anyone has used one of the work arounds and if it is worth doing?

Associate
Got a new machine the other day with Windows 11 installed by default. Can't believe how much garbage from the Store is preinstalled on it.

Man of Honour
Got a new machine the other day with Windows 11 installed by default. Can't believe how much garbage from the Store is preinstalled on it.

Windows isn't being developed for [to enable] the user any more, the user is the product - I wish more people would kick back against it.

Associate
Windows isn't being developed for [to enable] the user any more, the user is the product - I wish more people would kick back against it.

This is where a lot of products are going. MS are probably moving away from a paid service since who actually pays full price for Windows these days. Even if that isn’t the pan, all the spam that they add currently increases their revenue.

I’m hoping Steam and the other investors get gaming on Linux right because then I’d have very few reasons to dual boot.

Soldato
Ive been using windows 11 for this past month with "StartAllBack" and theres very little difference from windows 10. It seems as stable and reliable and all drivers still work fine even my X-Fi pci sound card and the SCSI pcie card that I use with my LTO3 tape drive works perfectly. So Im more than happy with windows 11

Im still using the win7 task manager because I prefer the minimalistic and you can see the things you want fast and easy
jBoJ1r4.jpg

Soldato
as long as they keep the low kernel instruction set ill be happy Contrtol+shift+ESC runs in low kernel mode so will run even if windows in dire issue. as it will take priority & use whatever RAM is avaliable

Man of Honour
I like some of the newer additions in task manager functionality but the older style of task manager IMO was better for actually working with - though overall I'd like to see some improvements - like the mentioned "low kernel instruction set" so it stays functional and responsive even if Windows has topped itself.

Soldato
I've got the win7 task manger on the "right click" so its nice and easy to access.. I have never really used the actual win10/11 task manager since moving to win10 about 5-6yrs ago as it just complicates things
JA6gXZo.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom