Votes: 59 76.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Absolute legend

Votes: 12 15.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Much awesomeness.

I've never been in one, but my mate's stepdad had a red one that I loved the look of many, many years ago. I still look online for potential ownership.

And to answer the question. I received Amazon vouchers, soaps and toiletries, a new wallet and trendy hooded jacket. All good stuff to me.

My wife's uncle passed away yesterday which set a sad tone for the day. But we made the most of family celebration.

You wont be disappointed should you buy one :D
its bigger brother
ts0VSpa.jpg

Sorry to hear of your wifes uncle, its a hard time of year for those who have lost people close to them :)

Soldato
What's with all the advent calendars - most would have finished Christmas day.

I keep a spreadsheet of what was bought, what has arrived, what is still outstanding, price etc - that list was just a grab from the spreadsheet, hence why the advent calendars were on there. Don't worry, they were given on the morning of Dec 1st!

Commissario
I got amongst other things a couple of miniatures including Wilhelm Cheney (appropriately a Werewolf star player for the Necromantic Horrors), and something completely different...The Monty Pythons Flying Circus Norwegian Blu-ray version.

Soldato
A new chef's knife and a board game called Dixit. I bought myself some Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones at the end of September, which was one of my bigger purchases this year.

Also, we're doing a massive kitchen and laundry room remodel soon, so most of our spare money is going into that.

Soldato
Now I have no partner, I can buy myself all kinds of things haha

I got some bits and pieces from the kids (random things / trinkets I'm sure teenage boys put lots of thought into lol) but then bought myself:

- new tyres for new wheels
- electric plane
- adaptors for wheels & wheel bolts
- flights to vegas
- a Sony ZV1 camera
- GoPro Hero 10

I dropped so many hints to the kids about a whetstone for sharpening knives, but seems 14 and 16 I should just tell them what I would like next time :p I bought their mum an airfyer from them as I knew she wanted one. Obviously.

Soldato
Money from my folks, dhb Hydron Robe from my kids, tend to ask for what i really need at Xmas, didnt want them to spend dry robe money (wiggle are discounting) and really pleased, privacy getting changed then warmth to nip back down to beach to have my flask of tea post surf

Soldato
I dropped so many hints to the kids about a whetstone for sharpening knives, but seems 14 and 16 I should just tell them what I would like next time :p

I have the Naniwa Chosera 800 and 3000 grit stones and they're great - I use decent but cheap knives so I don't feel any great need to use the much higher grit stones to restore the flawless mirror look after sharpening. Which stone(s) are you looking at?

Soldato
I have the Naniwa Chosera 800 and 3000 grit stones and they're great - I use decent but cheap knives so I don't feel any great need to use the much higher grit stones to restore the flawless mirror look after sharpening. Which stone(s) are you looking at?
I wasn't! I was hoping they would so I wouldnt have to haha I'll look up the ones you mentioned though and add them to my gifts to myself list! Thanks for that. My knives are supposed to be pretty decent quality IO Shen Japanese knives but just have never sharpened them so they're in dire need.

Soldato

the 3000 one is one of the best stones ever made IMO. Annoyingly i seen one on black friday sale for about £60 but i already owned one that i paid 90 for. Doh

Soldato
Main gift was an espresso machine and GTA V from my wife :)
Also got some cash and vouchers for new camping equipment, very much in need of a bigger tent! Tempted by the inflatable one from Decathlon.

Soldato
I wasn't! I was hoping they would so I wouldnt have to haha I'll look up the ones you mentioned though and add them to my gifts to myself list! Thanks for that. My knives are supposed to be pretty decent quality IO Shen Japanese knives but just have never sharpened them so they're in dire need.

Nice knives! You may want to learn on a cheap knife first, as sharpening on a whetstone takes a bit of practice. As I said, I use decent but cheap knives (<$30 each), so I don't care about leaving burr marks on my knives. If I had really nice knives, I would care a lot more about restoring the mirror finish. :) My knives are all made by Chinese manufacturers with high carbon German steel. They sharpen very easily with my 800 grit stone and the edge retention is good enough for me (~3 to 4 weeks).

the 3000 one is one of the best stones ever made IMO. Annoyingly i seen one on black friday sale for about £60 but i already owned one that i paid 90 for. Doh

It is indeed a nice stone. :)

Do you have to grind it down first or just go in on the 3000? I'm sure there are youtube videos on this but you know :)

I learned to sharpen my knives by watching videos on the Burrfection YouTube channel. Check out this video to start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4XgLgvqjYk

Associate
NoCry Cordless Screw driver : 7.2v and a 10Nm motor, so more powerful than an average cordless screwdriver. Just used it to fit the doorbell below and it's great !

51776197156_f915d2df06_o.jpg

Is this actually any good?

Soldato
It's been a quite a Lego Christmas in our house this year. The lad got a Lego train and bits and the other half got me this which was a real surprise:

y4mzcyg21HWxEQmJM7baDJB4nTsoXlxtgTj_hlsTMUwf6TyMxS1rzsDtLK3trPtMQzErrL-GApgmmB3NK-z8b2od1e4O0x46Rwo5YDnnCprpSJBj8zsYNQdxRwRQNIsIg6y1ALHh0hAlhdm6kAQ7wS6HArEzJ0gE4AwsMeDbecm7ps

I feel kinda bad because I don't think I got her exactly what she wanted. She said her current one was running a bit slow but I didn't know what that meant:

y4mq5QO1lIgN77OBwuvtvKxOTNeUuLICib83KMMLjp9oSid9PEPTtxuGDDj1zXhJoQXPRoK9nbv_9a-noctRcBFLX5WZGp8WKd_h8OiVYYth5j4DSOYlsuu4-4Rvok-tlby-wgWZHmfagUDtCro2aA5l4NcK9b_vJzTCGwloW5VXLw

:D

Back
Top Bottom