*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
What's the issue with downloads - they are horrendously slow! Downloading Bioshock 1 is going to take roughly 60 hours...

I have a 100mb/s connection and Switch is reporting 8.5mb/s, are Nintendo servers just awful or is something else at play?

This is on the LCD model so it's all WiFi, no ethernet.

Soldato
What's the issue with downloads - they are horrendously slow! Downloading Bioshock 1 is going to take roughly 60 hours...

I have a 100mb/s connection and Switch is reporting 8.5mb/s, are Nintendo servers just awful or is something else at play?

This is on the LCD model so it's all WiFi, no ethernet.
At 8.5mb/s you’re looking at around 11 hours for 43GB. I just ignore the Switch calc as it’s generally nonsense. It’s never been fast for me either so I just leave it alone until it’s done.

Soldato
So basically, pass on the expansion pass?

I got it so both myself and my mum had access to the Animal Crossing expansion.

There is talk other game expansions will be tied to this in future, I could definitely see Nintendo do something with BotW2 to drive subs of the service.

Although the N64 emulation is poor I've heard a lot of positives about the Mega Drive one.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ahh, I do enjoy the newbies coming to Nintendo and suffering all the **** that Nintendo like to dish out to its customers.

Why is the wifi so slow
Why is the e-shop so slow and full of crap
Why aren't there themes or folders
Why are games still so expensive 5 years after launch
Why do the joycons still drift
Why is NSO worse than other platforms were in the early 00's.

Just save yourselves a headache and understand that Nintendo doesn't give a crap and all of these things could be fixed but Nintendo either don't care or it would cost them money so they don't/won't.

Amazing console but dead god has it made me hate Nintendo.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Likewise, they seem a far different proposition nowadays compared to the 90s. They must be printing money at this rate.

They are absolutely printing money which makes all their lazy cash grabs that bit harder to stomach. Nintendo fanboys are some of the most staunch however and if you even suggest that Nintendo are no better than any other large company they lose their minds. Don't get me wrong, Nintendo first party games are still very high quality and polished but they still manage to treat customers with distain in nearly every other area.

Man of Honour
Oh haven't come across this yet, that's annoying though.

They added a frame rate cap to one of the later bosses to prevent a crash and it makes the timing of blocks very difficult due to the random frame rate and judder.

the overall high and inconsistent input lag doesn't help either.

Associate
Has anyone tried an adapter to cast Switch to a TV, instead of using a dock? I tried two brands now and think first suffered with low power circuitry (Switch was displaying a message to use original adapter) while with 2nd, Switch never changes to HDMI out mode. In both cases I had been using a 65W USB-C power supply which has 15V 3.0A output with a cable rated to 100W so definitely have enough power going in. I tried different sequences of plugging cables in, different TVs and different HDMI inputs, all with no luck.
I don't have my original switch power supply with me as this was a travel setup I purchased a few days ago.
Any ideas?

Soldato
Folks... contemplating picking up the OLED switch... but then I wondered, whats really coming up on the Switch which would warrant me getting this thing and playing it in handheld mode....
So.. serious question, except for BOTW2, what else is there to look forward to on the Switch?

(fez - no need to respond - I can guess what your answer is going to be :))

Back
Top Bottom