Spec Me: Office Ceiling light...

Soldato
I have been going around fitting new lights in the house finally, getting rid of the single **** bulb in the ceiling. The French are terrible at lighting on new builds, so I'd prefer in ceiling LEDs, but alas, it's not my place, I'm just trying to make it nicer.

I have a single bulb in the middle of my office but I'd like something a bit more modern and better spread of light.

So many options out there, I've just done the lounge, dining room and kitchen. I have stairs on the way, but would love some input on my office lighting from the great minds at OcUK... :D

Soldato
OP
GJTTIjp.jpg

My office

wfUEEvb.jpg

it's pretty big. I will be putting another alex/ karlby setup opposite the current one on the back wall by the door with the raised black legs you can see in the bottom right of the above pic to make it standing height, which is where I'll be putting the vinyl plotter and 3d printer etc. so wouldn't mind enough light to cover the functional areas of the room. It's a standard fitting, I have the ability to drill into the ceiling and fit what I like within reason really.

Soldato
OP
If it was me I'd go for some multi spotlighty thingy. Something like https://www.amazon.co.uk/MiniSun-Re...id=1640793255&sprefix=ceiling+lights&sr=8-173
That's a good shout. Cheap enough option as well. It's such a sad fitting. They all come like this and you have to do your own thing. They put zero thought into the position of them in rooms though. It's incredibly annoying!

I think I'll grab one of those. It will allow me to point them at all different parts!

Caporegime
Sounds like the French are like the Dutch, all their lighting is dim too, did my head in when I moved there. I like my rooms to be bright. Like proper bright, if I want to dim the lights a bit then I have that facility.

I am also in the same boat as you, I rent and I'm sure as hell not paying £lol to redo someone else's house. I recently bought one of these and it's changed the room. Not the fanciest looking thing but then it's only for this house so I'm not bothered. Plus the remote means I'm not bending over furniture and whatnot to turn it on/off/adjust brightness/whatever. It's also got various colour warmths, I must admit I'm very impressed. Two of these will sort that room right out.

Associate
im sorry i apologise in advance just tickled me that i saw dutch....thought red light district...then you mention the light being able to change colour.....does the red work:)

Soldato
I use an uplighter , can't remember the French chain it originally came from, currently with a 1000lumen 4K led 9W e27,
also have one with a metal halide 3000lumen 70w rx7 bulb, but have not yet found a powerful led rx7 bulb - but - you have cheaper/plentiful electricity.

Back
Top Bottom