The Book of Boba Fett - Star Wars Series (Disney)

Caporegime
It was good but overall it just reminds me of the Mandalorian series, it's virtually identical in format ,not sure that they should have both of these running at the same time.
I was wondering how good would it seem to someone whom never watched any star wars at all and knows nothing about the universe.
pretty solid first episode though and probably what people were wanting, more of the mandalorian.

the way they are filmed kinda reminds me of childrens books telling a story with pictures instead of words. it's kinda lazy watching maybe that's the appeal

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I think you'd be surprised, if it's anything like the Mandalorian it's pretty much all filmed on a smallish virtual set.

(Which to be fair is still a lot of money)

It's amazing what they can do. Still expensive but much more production value.

Caporegime
Good first ep

Was sort of surprised how they dove right in and showed how he escaped the Sarlacc, was expecting them to pad that out over a series of episodes. Found it interesting how they ran into goro's cousin in the desert as well :p

Wonder if we'll see any of the Hutts make an appearence over the course of the series? Jabba had a wife and there's bound to be more of that race.

Soldato
Really enjoyed the first episode, a nod to everything that made the original films great yet still manages to introduce new content/stories, crazy how they weren't able to do that that with the new films.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Really enjoyed the first episode, a nod to everything that made the original films great yet still manages to introduce new content/stories, crazy how they weren't able to do that that with the new films.

Exactly, couldn't have put it better. It shows what a sub par job KK and co did with the new movies. They were so quick to knock down all the original , concepts, characters, story rather than build from them. Mark Hamill famously questioned what they were making wasn't SW. Luke and the Jedi would never give up or behave like that. But got muzzled for so much hinting any negativity. This is 'their' SW not my SW I quote.

Caporegime
Great 1st episode. I'm more intrigued by the flashbacks, than the present time, so hope both threads continue concurrently through the rest of the episodes. Hopefully there is some real meat to the story for the present, to differentiate it from the "look and feel" of Mandalorian a bit more.

Edit: I guess we will get Mandalorian season 3 in 6 weeks time once Boba Fett finishes! I totally forgot that show is "overdue" in the excitement for Boba Fett!

rp2000

Soldato
I didn’t think the mandalorian was back this year?

Great first episode.

it was really good to see the events of episode IV had a long term impact on the character and they showed both great strength but also vulnerability.

I think that episode alone did more character building than Finn and Rey got in three movies which makes them so much more disappointing.

Caporegime
As usual the media has another interpretation of the first episode, too much fan service, damb squib etc. Do these muppetss just get paid to whinge? Seems so.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It was a half decent episode... The fight choreography is nowhere near as polished a Mando, the fight moves themselves were comically slow you could see them a mile away. It was as if they were filming a test scene and decided "sod it we'll use that instead of doing a real take".

That was the only let down really. Everything else was great. Hopefully the fight scenes were just a goof up with episode 1 and following episodes have it sorted.

All of us watching last night thought the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom