Adverts on Youtube videos

Soldato
Been looking into the cheap premium via other countries but it appears you need a local address. How are folk getting round that then? Just put some random Indian address in your Google account?

Soldato
Been looking into the cheap premium via other countries but it appears you need a local address. How are folk getting round that then? Just put some random Indian address in your Google account?
No, use your UK account, no need to sign up with an Indian account.

Soldato
Duration of YT ads is getting silly, in the past couple of weeks my partner was randomly offered a ~20min cartoon and multiple offerings of a ~5min farm ad!

I don't see the point of adverts these days, I don't recall buying anything as a result of seeing an advert for over 20 years, besides being an inconvenience. In the modern days of internet, I'll search for deals on something I'm mildly curious about buying, perhaps having seen said item mentioned in a forum post.

Soldato

Just enter a random indian address at point of payment if deciding to pay in rupees, there is no address check against credit/debit card details, my main account details are still all my true UK ones.

Caporegime
Don't give Google your money just to block ads. They don't deserve it.

uBlock Origin takes a few minutes to set up and you'll never see another ad again.

Soldato

uBlock Origin takes a few minutes to set up and you'll never see another ad again.

Already use uBlock, No-Script, and Ghostery on PC, my problem is I watch most of my YouTube consumption on the TV these days and the ads are getting worse and worse as time goes on.

Soldato
Just enter a random indian address at point of payment if deciding to pay in rupees, there is no address check against credit/debit card details, my main account details are still all my true UK ones.

If I just need an Indian address to pay then that's one thing, but I wouldn't feel comfortable signing my whole Google account over to some random in India.

Soldato
If I just need an Indian address to pay then that's one thing, but I wouldn't feel comfortable signing my whole Google account over to some random in India.

Nope, not needed. :)

I've had a google account for ages then about 18 months ago switched on VPN, signed up to premium and all I had to enter was my CC details and a fake address. Then logged off, payment recurs monthly without any need to do anything VPN wise again.

Soldato

Absolute PITA to setup on smart TV which is where I watch lions share of YT content. For the price of around £15/year, happy to pay for the convenience.

Caporegime
Absolute PITA to setup on smart TV which is where I watch lions share of YT content. For the price of around £15/year, happy to pay for the convenience.

Same, I think it actually is less than that. It was like 89p last DD.

Then you get YouTube Music too as bonus, I think of that as the cost of getting Apple Music/Spotify's 1 month worth for an entire year and no ads as bonus. It's really cheap if you think of it that way.

Soldato
As i have already said you don't need to use an Indian youTube account, use your UK account then connect to the VPN and pay as normal, no need to even look at Indian addresses.

Soldato
  1. Monzo like card for fee free overseas transactions.
  2. VPN to India
  3. Buy Premium
  4. ????
  5. PROFIT! (In Rupees)
I watch more Youtube than any other video service, and am on iOS and have an Apple TV, so while I wouldn't pay £15.99 for Premium, when it's about £3 for 3 months i'm happy to pay it!

Soldato
  1. Monzo like card for fee free overseas transactions.
  2. VPN to India
  3. Buy Premium
  4. ????
  5. PROFIT! (In Rupees)
I watch more Youtube than any other video service, and am on iOS and have an Apple TV, so while I wouldn't pay £15.99 for Premium, when it's about £3 for 3 months i'm happy to pay it!
Or just use your UK bank card like i do and pay no fees because the value is too low? :p

Associate
smarttube was what i used before buying premium

Thanks I installed SmartTubeNext. I didn't mind watching the odd advert now and again, but YouTube just takes the biscuit. If other sites did the same they would probably be penalised by the Google search engine algorithm.

Back
Top Bottom