Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
This has just happened on 3 items in my basket all in under 30 minutes. In that 30 minutes someone else has not only purchased the same items, but they are also local to me and are being served from the same depot. :rolleyes:
It's almost like everyone is ordering stuff last minute before a big gifting holiday and taking stock/logistical capacities up.

Maybe don't leave your Christmas shopping to 7pm on the night before Christmas Eve if you want it delivered, or check out immediately. ;)

Soldato
I purchased 3x UniFi access points to replace my existing units. Decided to send them back and buy them cheaper elsewhere…. Except I didn’t get refunded.

A week went by and I hadn’t received a refund, so I fired up the online chat. The agent was quick to tell me that they’d received the item at the returns department but they wouldn’t offer a refund (£537).

When I asked why… it was because I’d returned the “wrong item”. I asked wtf they were talking about but the agent refused to help me, simply saying that until I returned the correct item they’d not be refunding me. Of course, I asked for it to be escalated.

Long story, short; they claimed I’d sent back a “massage gun” and repeated the same line about returning the correct item. They also informed me that this wasn’t the first time that I’d done this :confused:

Thankfully this time they left instructions on how I could escalate this… to which I did. A week went by whilst the new person “investigated”.

I then get an email saying that the email they sent was all one big misunderstanding and that they’d be refunding me. I replied asking for an apology which went completely unnoticed.

It’s soured my experience of them tbh.

That definitely sucks donkey balls. At least you did get a refund but that's not a good experience at all.

Soldato
I bought a 16TB hard drive from Amazon a while back, it was faulty so I returned it. Some weeks later I bought the same drive but on a warehouse deal, so you expect it to be used a bit, except they sent me the same exact hard drive I'd returned as faulty previously, same serial numbers and everything.

Refused to acknowledge it except to ask me to return it again, I don't mind returning stuff if it's faulty, but I dislike returning something I've already returned. Returns are generally good but I like to save mine for when I actually need it, not to return stuff on a whim or regularly.

Soldato
Maybe don't leave your Christmas shopping to 7pm on the night before Christmas Eve if you want it delivered, or check out immediately. ;)

Hehe I knew someone would reply with this. No the 3 items I was trying to order were for myself and they were every day non-fun items.

Also this isn't unique to Xmas as it happens all year round.

Man of Honour
I bought a 16TB hard drive from Amazon a while back, it was faulty so I returned it. Some weeks later I bought the same drive but on a warehouse deal, so you expect it to be used a bit, except they sent me the same exact hard drive I'd returned as faulty previously, same serial numbers and everything.

I've had similar things happen in normal shops.
At PC World I took a scanner back, waited 15 minutes and they bought me the same one back (I had marked the scanner label with a little X).
We had a shop called PC Drive In, they changed a faulty motherboard but when I looked in the case they argued it was different even though I'd put a small X in the corner.
They turned it on and straight into DOS there were hieroglyphs all over the screen, I said I'll be back in an hour.
Rumbleows gave me the same video recorder back, when I showed them my little mark they argued there was nothing wrong with it so I said leave it playing a video on that TV and I'll be back in 30 minutes - they had a new one waiting.
I don't trust anybody.

Soldato
I don't buy a lot from Amazon so I'm struggling to find a reason to have Prime had another "trial" recently watched all the Video I wanted to see and ended it there wasn't anything else that interested me. Even the regular deliveries always turn up sooner than they say they will "will arrive after xmas" well it turned up two days ago.

Soldato
At PC World I took a scanner back, waited 15 minutes and they bought me the same one back (I had marked the scanner label with a little X).
We had a shop called PC Drive In, they changed a faulty motherboard but when I looked in the case they argued it was different even though I'd put a small X in the corner.
They turned it on and straight into DOS there were hieroglyphs all over the screen, I said I'll be back in an hour.
Rumbleows gave me the same video recorder back, when I showed them my little mark they argued there was nothing wrong with it so I said leave it playing a video on that TV and I'll be back in 30 minutes - they had a new one waiting.
I don't trust anybody.

That is pretty shocking!

For Amazon you'd think someone would at least vaguely test high value items though, I kind of get why they wouldn't bother with low value ones.

I wonder how many people they will sell this faulty HDD to :D

Last edited:
Soldato

Wonder if we want to the same one. I had a similar experience with a CDROM drive (you can tell how long ago this was). Tried to double down that it was a new one until I pointed out that it had the same BURN marks near the power connector when I opened the box.

Associate
I write a few reviews on products I buy from Amazon because it's useful to have at least a few honest ones. They're not all bad reviews :) However 2 of the last 3 reviews I submitted I see the message "We apologize but Amazon is not accepting reviews on this product from this account. If you would like to contact us about this decision, please email [email protected]. with my very last review not yet checked by them (I guess) but I expect that will be rejected also. I feel a bit ****** at this because I put some effort into writing them, add photos, and try to make them genuinely useful to prospective buyers. Anyone else been excluded like this?

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I have read a couple of reviews recently (thorough, long reviews with photos) where the reviewer comments “this is my second attempt because Amazon rejected my review”. So it sounds like their system for catching fake reviews is a bit aggressive and having some teething issues. It’s a very difficult problem to solve.

Associate
I have read a couple of reviews recently (thorough, long reviews with photos) where the reviewer comments “this is my second attempt because Amazon rejected my review”. So it sounds like their system for catching fake reviews is a bit aggressive and having some teething issues. It’s a very difficult problem to solve.

I just received an automated (?) reply after querying the two rejected reviews:

Amazon has noticed some unusual activity on reviews submitted by this account. As a result, one or more reviews were removed. If a review is removed because it does not comply with Amazon's Community Guidelines, the account that contributed the review cannot submit any new reviews for the same product.

Why am I receiving this message?

Customer reviews are meant to provide unbiased product feedback to help customers make informed purchase decisions. Any reviews that could be viewed as advertising, promotional, or biased will not be posted.

What does "unusual activity" mean?

This account's ability to contribute may have been removed for one or more of the following reasons:

-- Elements of the account indicate a relationship to sellers, publishers, or other reviewers of the products you review.

-- Reviews were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards to purchase the product, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products.

-- The account requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews.

-- A previous review from this account was removed because it did not comply with Amazon's Community Guidelines, which states accounts may not submit multiple reviews on the same product.

All of which is BS of course. This was not just the odd one but two reviews. I got a bit angry and told them to remove the rest of my reviews (I'm reviewer ranked 1755 last count) and they can remove my Amazon Prime account while they're at it.

Soldato
All of which is BS of course. This was not just the odd one but two reviews. I got a bit angry and told them to remove the rest of my reviews (I'm reviewer ranked 1755 last count) and they can remove my Amazon Prime account while they're at it.

How many reviews has it taken to get to 1755, i've done around 200 with about 70 helpful votes and still around 17k.

Caporegime
OP
Imagine having such a perfect life that you're annoyed because a multi billion dollar company is rejecting your free labour to help them make more money.

Associate
Imagine having such a perfect life that you're annoyed because a multi billion dollar company is rejecting your free labour to help them make more money.

Imagine spending some time writing a review only to be told you're doing it to receive favours and/or free products from the sellers and therefore your review is dishonest. 4Q.

Back
Top Bottom