Adverts on Youtube videos

Soldato
Same, I think it actually is less than that. It was like 89p last DD.

Then you get YouTube Music too as bonus, I think of that as the cost of getting Apple Music/Spotify's 1 month worth for an entire year and no ads as bonus. It's really cheap if you think of it that way.

Actually cancelled Spotify this month after trying YT music and it being mostly as good, only been one song I had on Spotify that YT has been unable to play me so far, granted i'm only a few weeks in and there may be more.

Caporegime
Actually cancelled Spotify this month after trying YT music and it being mostly as good, only been one song I had on Spotify that YT has been unable to play me so far, granted i'm only a few weeks in and there may be more.

Does it download too? I spend a lot of time underground so I need my music downloaded.

Soldato
I've noticed more that even without ads (premium) lots of channels are doing 'sponsored' videos now...its BS, i hate it..thinking they are all oh-so clever with their segue. WHat's the point of paying to remove ads when they puts ads in?! **** them.

Caporegime
I've noticed more that even without ads (premium) lots of channels are doing 'sponsored' videos now...its BS, i hate it..thinking they are all oh-so clever with their segue. WHat's the point of paying to remove ads when they puts ads in?! **** them.

If on mobile, use YouTube Vanced. It also automatically skips ads, intros, outros, self promotion, the lot. Very impressed.

Caporegime
most videos you can skip the first 4 minutes as well... even if it's not an advert I'm here for the content not your life story...

I literally couldn't give a monkeys what your face looks like, I'd gladly be shown any random stock image instead

why be precise and to the point when you can stretch a video to 10minutes...

Soldato
I think it integrates sponsorblock which is a crowd sourced database of when videos have their sponsor sections. Personally I don't use it as those sponsor spots pay the creator a helluva lot more than any youtube ad, they are often better than ads (including some genuinely funny spots from the likes of Jay Foreman) and if I want to skip them, I can just double tap to seek forward 5 seconds at a time.

Caporegime
I think it integrates sponsorblock which is a crowd sourced database of when videos have their sponsor sections. Personally I don't use it as those sponsor spots pay the creator a helluva lot more than any youtube ad, they are often better than ads (including some genuinely funny spots from the likes of Jay Foreman) and if I want to skip them, I can just double tap to seek forward 5 seconds at a time.

I don't mind skipping those as the creator gets paid a fixed fee regardless. Where I do feel a bit guilty is blocking the Adsense ads as that will directly affect their income, so to counter this I chuck a few quid in their Patreon accounts now and then.

Never heard of sponsorblock before, will need to have a look, cheers :)

Soldato
I think it integrates sponsor block which is a crowd sourced database of when videos have their sponsor sections. Personally, I don't use it as those sponsor spots pay the creator a helluva lot more than any youtube ad, they are often better than ads (including some genuinely funny spots from the likes of Jay Foreman) and if I want to skip them, I can just double tap to seek forward 5 seconds at a time.

The Internet Historian ones are amazing, I swear he just takes the sponsors to take the **** out of them and they're hilarious.

Soldato
I've just received the new YouTube Premium T&Cs which come into effect on 18 May. Has this always been in there?

Geographic Restrictions. The Paid Services, and certain content available within the Paid Services, are currently available only in some countries. You agree that you will not present any false, inaccurate or misleading information in an effort to misrepresent yourself as a resident of a supported country, and you will not attempt to circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Paid Services or content available within the Paid Services.

Back
Top Bottom