Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Soldato
Massive plot holes aside it was a decent watch, a typical marvel movie really. Don't think it needed the '5' villains and would probably have been a much tighter film if it was a one villain movie with Green Goblin as the bad guy. 6.5-7/10.

Similar here. It just didn’t really strike a chord with me, too much ‘member berries’ stuff. As with a lot of modern films it was also way too long. They could have easily cut half an hour to an hour out of this.

Soldato
We just got back a while ago. Sort of movie I cant really get into properly with two kids either side doing my nut in. Lost about 10-15 minutes getting another drink around the 1hr 10 mark just after
May got killed
so it needs another watch when it comes on streaming etc early next year.

Not sure how I feel about
Happy not knowing who Spiderman is but I guess this just sets it up for him to become a friendly neighbourhood Spiderman again so his Phase x travels are over.

So good to see the other two Spidey's and they had more time than I thought, also good to see finally the bit out of the trailer where they cut the other two spideys out.

Also I know he didnt want to ask MJ more as he saw her plaster and thought no I`d leave it she will only get hurt but they are all going to MIT so he prob cant avoid her, may as well introduce himself and become friends at MIT!

Finally kids were happy Venom appeared in the 1st credit scene. Oh and Matt Murdoch was way underused and catching the brick and they didnt question it more ????

I'll buck the trend and say it was 3.5 out of 5 stars for me and I need another watch for missing some of it.

Soldato
Really enjoyed this. A whole lot of nostalgia but I grew up loving the Tobey Spiderman films so I'll allow it :p.

I do really wish they hadn't spoiled a lot of it with the trailers and stuff though. The bridge would have been a lot more exciting if it hadn't been plastered all over the trailers and the 'big' twist was so obvious with how everything was set up.

Soldato
6.5/10 for me, although seeing as I wasn't aware Andrew Garfield had played Spiderman until about halfway through the film, I might not be the target audience :p

Associate
Really enjoyed it. except it was spoiled for me.

I don't watch trailers. especially for movies that i know I'll see. they spoil too much. i managed to avoid all of the character spoilers until im literally in the cinema and two people start to talk about what they've seen or heard.

Man of Honour
Watched it last night with the family, we all really enjoyed it.

I'd managed to avoid all trailers/spoilers so went in completely fresh which is always a nicer way to watch.

Soldato
Really enjoyed it. except it was spoiled for me.

I don't watch trailers. especially for movies that i know I'll see. they spoil too much. i managed to avoid all of the character spoilers until im literally in the cinema and two people start to talk about what they've seen or heard.

Didn't you anticipate some characters may be in it?

Caporegime
So what I knew going in was that Green Goblin, Doc Oc and Electro were in this.

We waited for the cinemas to die down a bit and let our boosters kick in, which meant that leading up to it, my wife and I ended up watching Spiderman 1-3 and 'Amazing Spiderman' 1 and 2.

Glad we did that! Pretty important that you have knowledge of those movies IMO.

I think I'd give it at 8/10 overall. I did really enjoy it but I don't understand the gaping plothole.

No timestone used, the spell was that everyone forgets Peter Parker. Yet there would be newspapers, media and even the video that Peter sent to the daily bugle. What about all that stuff?

Soldato
Didn't you anticipate some characters may be in it?
Why would you if you hadn't seen the trailers?
No timestone used, the spell was that everyone forgets Peter Parker. Yet there would be newspapers, media and even the video that Peter sent to the daily bugle. What about all that stuff?
I'd just assume the spell removed all mention of Peter from that media or everyone just saw a blur instead of his face and moved on without questioning it. It's vague movie magic that while it would be nice to have a proper explanation, you can just apply your own and move on without much issue.

Soldato
I couldn't really buy Peter beating Dr Strange in his own mirror dimension. He is the sorcerer supreme, surely he could have freed him self in an instant.

Soldato
Just watched it. Enjoyed it, except there was a section in the middle which went a bit slow.

Odd question for others who have watched it: The voice of Happy's apartment - surely that was John Goodman!?

Soldato
Enjoyed it, one of the better Marvel films of late.

Loved having Tobey back on the screen playing a older version who's been through it all before, his scene with Doc Oct was moving due to him being 'my' Spiderman growing up on the Raimi films.

Associate
Reasonable film for me, plot a bit of a mess and the fan service distracted from that but I'm really not a fan of alternate time or universe stuff. So this Phase of films is really not for me as it opens up more plot holes than it closes and given them a soft reboot I didn't want or need for Parkers story. It was ok but I preferred every other film Holland has been in for Marvel compared to this.

So he's lost all stark tech now and access to it? No more Iron Spider suit? :(

After seeing these my son wanted to go back and watch the Tobey films. As every thing lately on the net has been him being voted as the best spider-man. My god they are garbage, first one is reasonable the other two are just awful, cringe level acting standards.

Soldato
Yeah, I got home from watching this and the first Spiderman was on the TV, so I stuck it on having not watched it for decades. Jesus, the woman who plays Aunt May is utterly terrible. So incredibly hammy. And whoever wrote the dialogue for the "Aunt May, is it an angel" scene should be ashamed.

Back
Top Bottom