It’s over

Soldato
The day we don't celebrate that the Earth has successfully completed an entire orbit around the sun (really it's a year +6 hours but we throw those 6hours together for an arbitrary day every 4 years) is the day we should be worrying

Associate
All the pubs used to shut at 2230 in my town and we would all gather on the main street, cops turned a blind eye to all the underage drinking, everyone had a fantastic time, yeh there was the odd fight but that happens most friday/saturday nights, then you would go first footing round friends and families houses that were open would get home 5-6 in the morning, then the pubs and night club decided to stay open and the street party died a death, and first footing died a death too. Used to still be visiting folk on the 3rd. Remember one time when i was 18/19 my folks had an open house on the 2nd and had about 40 folk in the sitting room and more in the kitchen. New years day you had the after ba party at the winners house that usually went on till the next day. The only one still going pre-covid was the ba party, now thats been cancelled the last two years.

When I lived in Glasgow, went to a nightclub on new years eve with my at the time gf, spent a fortune on tickets and then took the bells in by not getting served at the bar.

Now a days im either at work or at home, couldnt tell you the last time I was actually awake for the bells.

Soldato
New Year has never been a big thing in my family and NYE parties are more of a young singles thing I do watch Jools though got to do something to mark the turning of the year right? Other than that never felt forced about anything. Been away this year and its been totally dead here at least at home there are quite a few fireworks going off around. Hogmanay is more of thing north of the border or so I understand.

Soldato
Stayed up with some beers and the wife. Saw in the fireworks on BBC and then went to bed. Good night really and the same thing we do every year since having kids

Back
Top Bottom