*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
How come you didn't jump to Alderlake? The DDR4/5 price scenario?

I was able to purchase an I9 10900K @ 4.8, 32GB DDR4 Ram and Gigabyte Aorus for £500.. I saved money on my cooler too as it was a beast on the I7 4790k with it being a Noctua NDH15(?) and is compatible with both sockets so I didn't need to buy a different one. I would've had to have spent a lot more!

Associate
Finally got my first Tier 1! Enjoyed using the M5A3 a lot and I really like the direction they've gone with the T1 weapon skins compared to a 'gold' camo or something like that.

KzmawKT.jpeg

Soldato
I've honestly never seen a game use this much CPU ever, going from a Threadripper 3960x to a 12900k gave me literally 40 more fps (with a 3090)
That's the fantastic coding for you:rolleyes:. I'm tempted to give it another go if they've patched the performance, running a 3700x and gtx 1080 gets me 40-60fps on low:(.

Associate
Upgrading from a 10700k @ 5.0 to a 12700k @ standard has gained approx 30fps.

It is now perfectly playable at 1440p 144fps Ultra settings with a 3090.

Normally it always showed low CPU usage. 30-40%.However if I turned off hyperthreading, CPU usage sat between 80-90% constantly with the 10700k.
Not sure what that signifies, possibly that anything above 8 cores is not been used.

Associate
My issue is that a 3700x is hardly slow or old. I can understand upgrading a gpu for a game but not a cpu.
Is this playing at 1080p or 1440p? Definitely agree that the 3700x is hardly a slow or old CPU.

Are you getting these numbers in the 128p modes? Or is this across all modes? Might be worth seeing how your fps is vs. AI or in the Rush portal mode which is 32p.

Soldato
Is this playing at 1080p or 1440p? Definitely agree that the 3700x is hardly a slow or old CPU.

Are you getting these numbers in the 128p modes? Or is this across all modes? Might be worth seeing how your fps is vs. AI or in the Rush portal mode which is 32p.
It was 1080p, as even though I'm playing on a c9 oled, it doesn't have the power for 4k. It was 128player, I'll have a mess around with a 64 player server. I do want a new gpu, I just don't want to take out a second mortgage:cry:.

Associate
The game can only use 8 threads so IPC and clock speed are important. Zen 2 relied on the extra cores for better performance and the IPC jump from zen 2 to zen 3 or the newer intel CPUs is fairly big.

The other problem for much older 4c8t CPUs is that it will literally max out all 8 threads and leave nothing for background tasks to keep the system ticking properly.

64player or 32 player modes will be lighter on the CPU.

Caporegime
I swear the AA vehicles in this game are the product of someone who casually pumps goats on the weekend, they can't even fire directly up ffs. Not to mention the lock on range seems to be about 20 feet, jets just casually glide in and do their damage, they fly away and pop their flares and thats basically their role in this game. Even if they don't have flares ready the lock on animation in this is so stupidly long that by the time you actually manage to launch something they either have flares again, or they are out of range so the lock breaks.

And dont get me started on the main cannon, the first one you may as well be trying to bukkake them to death its so pathetically weak, and the next one up is stronger but so slow it's only effective against helicopters at short range.

I really do question why dice bother to put aircraft into these games, they've proven time and time and time again they have not a single ******* clue about how to make it so they're not a monumental pain in the hole. And once more they fail, miserably. Hardly surprising though given this is the same company that took an infantry map in bfv (fjell) and added aircraft so the map basically became not much more than bombers racking up stupid amounts of kills.

Back
Top Bottom