Hasbrowns - which is best store bought?

Associate
McCains hash browns, fried in a cast iron pan with a moderate amount of vegetable oil.

closest you’ll get to MD hash browns.

interesting enough McCains supplies MDs.( collected a few very large orders, works lunch order, and they have been handed over bagged inside branded McCains chip boxes)

Soldato
Yeah the Aldi ones are great, they also do sausage patties like the Mcmuffins, I like to have a sausage and hash brown muffin in a morning now sometimes

Caporegime
What surprised me as an absolutely excellent has brown was Birds Eye Hash Brown waffles. But they're really hard to find!
They're really good but hardly anywhere do them. I've also found the Iceland Hash Brown waffles are really good too but need baked for longer than the time on the box to get really crispy.

Soldato
They're really good but hardly anywhere do them. I've also found the Iceland Hash Brown waffles are really good too but need baked for longer than the time on the box to get really crispy.
I find I have to bake everything for longer than the packet as I like things crispy not just off raw.

Bought a huge bag of hash browns from Costco and they're epic done in the actifry, can get them really crispy and don't need any extra oil with them (same as oven chips done in the actifry).

Soldato
I find I have to bake everything for longer than the packet as I like things crispy not just off raw.

Bought a huge bag of hash browns from Costco and they're epic done in the actifry, can get them really crispy and don't need any extra oil with them (same as oven chips done in the actifry).

I was going to say the ones from Costco are the best ones i have found but might take a trip to Aldi and try theirs.

A couple of the Costco ones, a slice of plastic cheese and a runny egg on a cob (I like the Sheldons Oven Bottom Muffins) is awesome!

Caporegime
rosti > hash brown.

shame they don't sell the packets in the UK where you just mash the packet in your hands and dump in a pan I guess even that's beyond most UK people though..

seen the labels on pot noodles recently "be a hero" "you can do it" lol..... gotta hit the dopamine slogans or something

Soldato
I wouldn't consider myself to have OCD in any way really, but is "Hasbrowns" in the thread title bugging anyone else?
Yes! Some in this thread may turn their nose up at this suggestion but Ocado have cauliflower hash browns which are actually awesome. Check 'em out :cool:

Associate
The ones from Iceland and Lidl are pretty good but needs to overcooked to get it to crisp properly. I agree that the ones from McCain's comes close to the ones from McDonald; makes me wonder what McDonald's put in it or is it the equipment they use that makes it taste good.

Caporegime
The ones from Iceland and Lidl are pretty good but needs to overcooked to get it to crisp properly. I agree that the ones from McCain's comes close to the ones from McDonald; makes me wonder what McDonald's put in it or is it the equipment they use that makes it taste good.
I find the ones from McDonalds taste very different to others. I think they use a lot more onion compared to others who use nearly all potato.

Back
Top Bottom