Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
Yeah, maybe. I'm not sure I would trust having just 200 cals from one of them...? I went with the regular which gave 400 cals, which is a little more expensive. I guess a big part of this is trust, which is probably mainly just marketing, but I trust Huel at this point.

Soldato
Ah, i hadn't read things properly. I thought it was 60g per portion at a decent serving. I agree, at 200kcal it's a bit pointless for your needs.

I'm on the dregs of my MyProtein Whole Fuel Blend mentioned above, not really sure what i'll use when it's gone.

Soldato
So I think the MyProtein Whole Fuel is quite nice. I used a similar weight of powder, but it seemed to be a thicker drink, but also quite smooth. I guess it's a shame there's only a Vanilla flavour.

Caporegime
It's quite shocking seeing so many people fall for this Huel "food food" marketing guff. You are paying through the nose for the convenience of someone else feeing you far less tasty versions of what you could easily be feeding yourself for the same cost or less.

Just build a good routine of whipping up some healthy food every day, in batches is also helpful, and you will never need this stuff. If this is the future of food, then prepare for a future devoid of culinary satisfaction. It's pure convenience.

Permabanned
It's quite shocking seeing so many people fall for this Huel "food food" marketing guff. You are paying through the nose for the convenience of someone else feeing you far less tasty versions of what you could easily be feeding yourself for the same cost or less.

Just build a good routine of whipping up some healthy food every day, in batches is also helpful, and you will never need this stuff. If this is the future of food, then prepare for a future devoid of culinary satisfaction. It's pure convenience.

Some people prefer the convenience though and I think it certainly has it's place. When I do use it (or similar alternatives) it's when I'm pushed for time and more likely to go for rubbish grab options rather than cook something healthy. Or I'll have half the usual amount immediately after exercise so I can shower before preparing a proper meal etc.

Personally don't use it to replace all or many meals myself so the cost I don't really mind at all given the benefits.

Soldato
It's pure convenience.

Well done, you got there!

It's a very convenient protein-rich breakfast and an easy hot lunch option. Huel is great for the outdoors too, I typically smash a portion of huel on the walk-in and refill the bottle with water from a stream before heading up the mountains. The hot options are great food for rustling up in the van in the evening too.

I still enjoy cooking my proper meals on evenings and weekends, although I still have Huel black before and after training on Sunday.

Soldato
I've given up on Huel at this point, I just don't like it. Got the 2 bags I ordered to dispose of - is it okay to take to the recycling centre or do they charge you for it? :p

Back
Top Bottom