The Hangover Thread

Capodecina
Soldato
A 3 this morning. No headache, just kind of fatigued. I did drink quite a bit of water yesterday afternoon, so that may have helped.

Kitchen is pretty clean! I did some washing up before I had drinks last night and also watched The Lighthouse just before, which has still got me thinking today. I made pasta late last night and everything is nice and tidily regimented in the sink, I'm impressed with myself. There are random drops of beer on the bathroom floor, which is weird. Apart from that, all good. Going to make scrambled eggs soon :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Well being on the wagon it's a solid 0 for me. First non-hungover new year's day in over 25 years lol

I had too much to drink in the week and didn’t feel like a drink last night so also a 0 here. Might give up drinking anyway as my hangovers are pretty bad.

Man of Honour
Zero discomfort for me today, although I did sleep for longer than usual, went to bed around 03.10, got up at 11.55.
I had one glass of wine with dinner, after driving my wife and her father to our niece’s place for a party, (I wouldn’t go as I didn’t trust that everyone would have had a flow test and I’m taking no chances with this Omicron).
Just as I thought that I was safe to jump into a bottle of Stolychnya, she called at 00.55, asking to be picked up.
Got back home, my father-in-law laid on the stairs coming up from the ground floor to the living room and was soon snoring like a buzz saw, my wife and I had a glass of champagne, then I put an air tight sealing stopper in the bottle and dived into the Stoly, I poured at least three triple measures one after the other and added a soupçon of tonic before giving my Hampsteads a going over with an electric brush and sliding under the duvet.
Last time that I remember feeling yuck was circa 1960, when I went for a drink with the brother of my first wife, (before we were married), he introduced me to gin mixed with sweet red Vermouth, and keen to look like a rough, tough Bermondsey boy to my future brother-in-law I gallantly knocked back 6 or 7 before realising that I was in danger of losing my lunch if I didn’t stop, we got back to my in-laws place okay, but I threw up out of a bedroom window in the middle of the night.
Wonder of wonders, my intended blamed her brother, who protested that I was “big enough and ugly enough to have said no thanks, no more.”

Man of Honour
No hangover for me, but i'm not the preacher type. I feel for my fellow soilders who may have taken a knock or fallen with todays hangover!

Upset stomach stopped me even bothering last night. Went to visit two of my friends this morning and they were both still at it and planning on drinking the whole day. Couldn't make sense of a word they were saying.

One of them was writing a 'funny' email to his boss. Told him to put the laptop down.

Soldato
Was more hungover on Boxing Day that New Year’s Day. Did my usual of drinking lots of water before sleeping. Had a lot of spirits, with the water I didn’t get a headache but I had a bad stomach. Couldn’t eat anything for most of the day

Back
Top Bottom