Motors YouTube Videos

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Although I dislike Top Gear now, and the 3 presenters, but interesting none less

also a little confused, that's Hamilton's car, is it Hamilton in the car then ? its his number 44, so i guess it is ?
First comment claims it’s a 2019 W10.
It will just have this year’s livery on it. Also it appears “the stig” is driving.

Soldato
First comment claims it’s a 2019 W10.
It will just have this year’s livery on it. Also it appears “the stig” is driving.
I watched the post season F1 testing which was on the 2019 w10s, as they were using those with the 18s to get data. They had a load of test drivers driving for them, so it'll probably be one of those. Each team has different drivers. Some from F2, and others just test drivers it seems.

Soldato
still could be Hamilton in white ?
not many people can drive an F1 car, so who could it be ? :D

No, it will be any one of the long list of Merc drivers that test the cars. Plus, Hamilton is on a media blackout, no way he signed up to that clip with those two morons. Oh and a modern F1 car? Practically anyone can drive, perhaps not so much in the wet, but otherwise, no biggy.

Man of Honour
BENGREGERS - YouTube

so much goodness....get a coffee

As I commented on one of those videos - someone I know bought a brand new VW Touareg - top model with all the extras and on a flooded road around here gunned it in at speed - famous last words something along the lines of "this is what it is made for" - over 15 grand later to fix it.

One of the things I'm not a big fan of with my Navara is it only officially has 40cm wade depth.

EDIT: Something a lot of people don't appreciate with situations like that as well is the cooling effect the water has - can cause all kinds of issues if you aren't careful going in and out - especially if the vehicle has been running awhile before at highway speeds, etc.

Man of Honour
One for the Honda fans. Car on the left is owned by my mate Barry who really flies in the car, in any car come to think of it.

Caporegime
As I commented on one of those videos - someone I know bought a brand new VW Touareg - top model with all the extras and on a flooded road around here gunned it in at speed - famous last words something along the lines of "this is what it is made for" - over 15 grand later to fix it.

One of the things I'm not a big fan of with my Navara is it only officially has 40cm wade depth.

EDIT: Something a lot of people don't appreciate with situations like that as well is the cooling effect the water has - can cause all kinds of issues if you aren't careful going in and out - especially if the vehicle has been running awhile before at highway speeds, etc.

The Touareg has good wading depth, officially 580mm. But so long as you drive slow and dont cause any wake, they can handle 830mm no problems.

The issue is people drive through too fast.

Man of Honour
The Touareg has good wading depth, officially 580mm. But so long as you drive slow and dont cause any wake, they can handle 830mm no problems.

The issue is people drive through too fast.

Similar with my Navara - officially 400mm but unofficially does 800mm fine as long as you approach it properly - but I wouldn't want to rely on that would rather have a better stock depth.

Wish the 3L V6 in the Touareg was a little more exciting/interesting - I quite like them but I'm not one for a 5L V10, etc. even though they are decent engines I just don't need that.

PS the instance I was talking about was the definition of "full send" despite everyone passively discouraging it.

Back
Top Bottom