• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My 3060ti rocks - is there something better @ 399?

Soldato
This is getting embarrassing now. No-one thinks you are right apart from you. There might be something in that.

Yep, of course the sheep think alike. People who cannot see that CEX are taking them for a ride because they dont have balls/too lazy to get the best price for their card. Then the same numpty wants me to give him more than his card than CEX would...

:cry:

Associate
Last I checked a few weeks ago they were offering £8xx cash for me 3070 FE, but seems now that is voucher price. I tell you what, when the time comes want me to email you and you buy it off me for whatever CEX is offering cash + £200? You stand to make an easy £200-£300 then no?
Each to their own. My offer is open to you also. Easy money! Interested?
How are you getting an easy £200-£300? CEX price + £200 for a 3070 FE is £867, average selling price on eBay is around £950, an expected £86 profit would barely be worth the time to sell it. If it was a 3080 FE CEX price + £200 then sure I'd take that deal. The question is why would you want to do it though, you'd be taking the same small chance of getting scammed as you would selling on eBay but for less money.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
There's a few minor points to note:
  • the bay take a cut so some % is lost (unless there's a deal going which I am aware they run now and again)
  • CEX wont always buy at the ATH (its likely a bit lower now than when TNA sold his)
  • shuffling is possible but generally speaking since this time last year the FE seller put in the restrictions to one per account, we are aware some have had multiple FE cards, the reality is securing them seems to be easier for some compared to others
  • For all we know the current waves of FE cards might only be half of what was being supplied some months earlier

My main observation is there were plenty of foaming mouths agitated by the predicament, yet hidden in plain site are fellow gamers selling on their cards for maximum profits then buying another card (especially FE again) is jovial because it is contributing to the problem overall and flies in the face of "I am a gamer, I just want to game!". Surely a die hard gamer would not sell and subject to principles (like we see some have on here) that they despise miners and scalpers. :)

Associate
When first sold old pc components on eBay (2001), scamming was rare. I've had my fingers burnt selling a mobile. I wouldn't sell anything expensive. I'd rather sell via FB, and meet the buyer.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
How are you getting an easy £200-£300? CEX price + £200 for a 3070 FE is £867, average selling price on eBay is around £950, an expected £86 profit would barely be worth the time to sell it. If it was a 3080 FE CEX price + £200 then sure I'd take that deal. The question is why would you want to do it though, you'd be taking the same small chance of getting scammed as you would selling on eBay but for less money.
Feels like we are going in circles. I already explained my position. I was not the one who came up with the £200-£300 figure, that was the other confused fella. In case you don’t remember, here is the post: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/35338728/

Associate
Feels like we are going in circles. I already explained my position. I was not the one who came up with the £200-£300 figure, that was the other confused fella. In case you don’t remember, here is the post: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/35338728/
Fair enough, but it still doesn't explain why you would want to take the same risks as eBay for less money.

Selling a GPU to CEX is for people who are incredibly risk averse or who haven't done the math. Risk of getting scammed on eBay is what, 2-3%? Maybe 5% if you really want to be generous. CEX are currently offering around 70% of what you'd get on eBay. If you upgrade every couple of years then in the long run you'd need to be incredibly unlucky to come off worse selling on eBay even if you did get scammed.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Fair enough, but it still doesn't explain why you would want to take the same risks as eBay for less money.

Selling a GPU to CEX is for people who are incredibly risk averse or who haven't done the math. Risk of getting scammed on eBay is what, 2-3%? Maybe 5% if you really want to be generous. CEX are currently offering around 70% of what you'd get on eBay. If you upgrade every couple of years then in the long run you'd need to be incredibly unlucky to come off worse selling on eBay even if you did get scammed.
I don’t recall saying I would be selling it to CEX at current price.

Well I sold my 3080 FE for £1615 to them as I recall. Not many were lining up elsewhere to offer more. Last I checked a few weeks ago they were offering £8xx cash for me 3070 FE, but seems now that is voucher price. I tell you what, when the time comes want me to email you and you buy it off me for whatever CEX is offering cash + £200? You stand to make an easy £200-£300 then no? :cry:

Each to their own. My offer is open to you also. Easy money! Interested?

:p:D
I have bolded the relevant parts for you above.

Oh and one more thing, you say £86 not worth your time, yet taking issue with a random stranger on the internet over something silly and going round and round in circles, for that you have abundance of time :p

Associate
I don’t recall saying I would be selling it to CEX at current price.
You misunderstand, selling it to someone here for CEX price + £200 would be taking the same risks as eBay for less money.

Oh and one more thing, you say £86 not worth your time, yet taking issue with a random stranger on the internet over something silly and going round and round in circles, for that you have abundance of time
I said barely worth my time not "not", especially with the small risk of selling it on.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You misunderstand, selling it to someone here for CEX price + £200 would be taking the same risks as eBay for less money.
I disagree. In my experience selling here well over a decade it is less risky. I mean for starters no one will reverse the transaction like eBay does. The card is under warranty so at most the person buying would get is an rma replacement.

I said barely worth my time not "not", especially with the small risk of selling it on.
This is getting confusing now. Lol

Anyway. Let’s move on. Each to their own, horses for courses and all that good stuff ;):D

Soldato
Yeah, add £50 and get an Xbox Series X. PC gaming is a total chore. Sorry but it's true. No quick resume, endless ******* with settings to get it running, millions of, what are effectively, betas (Icarus I'm looking at you), issues with HDR content, issues playing on the correct screen (2 screen setup), issues getting it to stay on the correct screen, Windows randomly flipping the image portrait...

I've been pc gaming for 20 years, it's even more a pita now than it was writing my own configs for quake 3.

Soldato
Yeah, add £50 and get an Xbox Series X. PC gaming is a total chore. Sorry but it's true. No quick resume, endless ******* with settings to get it running, millions of, what are effectively, betas (Icarus I'm looking at you), issues with HDR content, issues playing on the correct screen (2 screen setup), issues getting it to stay on the correct screen, Windows randomly flipping the image portrait...

I've been pc gaming for 20 years, it's even more a pita now than it was writing my own configs for quake 3.

I agree with all the above problems, however I still went back to PC, something about PC that console's can't replace. Maybe I'm just stupid, probably stupid.

Associate

If you're after a plug and play gaming experience then console is for you.. although can't say being able to a play massive range of games and having the ability to customise the experience has even been an 'issue' for me, quite the opposite :)

Associate

I agree, no point going for a mid end card anymore that's weaker than the consoles (and costs more) and you have to deal with all these issues. What bothers me the most is almost every single Unreal Engine game on PC has the streaming/loading asset stutter, meanwhile if I play the same game on the PS5 there is no stutter at all... the worst part is so many games use this engine now.

Back
Top Bottom