Front Door Recommendations please

Associate
I got an endurance solid core composite door a year or so ago. Supplied and fitted by a local fitter, who also did rollers on my garage.

Went down a rabbit hole of custom made steel doors but realised I was probably over thinking it when the door is stronger then the surrounding house.

Soldato
Any update on folks who have recently had doors fitted?

Looking to get front and rear swapped. Rear potentially a stable door to replace the (error on my part) pine one I fitted...

Yep, endurance front door fitted just before Christmas. Absolutely brilliant.

We paid £1,343inc VAT and fitting for an Etna

Sgarrista
Commissario
Yep, endurance front door fitted just before Christmas. Absolutely brilliant.

We paid £1,343inc VAT and fitting for an Etna

Ours has been in 5 years this October just gone.

In that time it had to be adjusted once for settlement after about 18 months where they also re-lubed the mechanisms and re-oiled the lock. Apparently this is supposed to be an annual thing but we haven't done it and the door is just as good as the day it went in. All the seals are in great condition, and no sticking or issues with any of the mechanisms or deadbolt.

Soldato
I've had two by Solidoor and absolutely spot on quality wise.

Infact the front door is almost identical to your last image above !

The fitters were spot in too, but tye fitters tend to be "allocated" by the reseller / your local supplier.

I'm in Cheshire so not a million miles from you but may be outside of their "patch"

Edit:

Not the best picture, but

IMG-20201017-154754.jpg

And the back (stable) door (bottom left-ish)

IMG-20210221-133746.jpg

Did that "solidoor" come free with the floor to ceiling high glass panel that even a fat man could slip through with a sledgehammer in under 3 seconds? ;)

Associate
We have a Solidor at the front which is supposed to be all singing and dancing when it comes to security. However given it is the most exposed and visible door to the property, a burlgar is clearly going to break in through a side or rear door, if not through a window. So kind of a waste really IMO but
at the end of the day it was the style of door the Mrs wanted!

Back
Top Bottom