Official FIFA 22 Thread

Caporegime
I don’t think Fifa Ultimate team is for you :p
The repetitiveness of the player base is the worst I’ve ever encountered in this version. It’s usually one style of play spammed over and over and over again. Will improve massively tomorrow morning but it’s mind numbingly boring again.

The pass and tackle buttons might as well be removed for all the use they get and it feels like it’s getting closer and closer to a QTE style of game with every release.

FIFA 23 will have massive button icons on screen telling you what to press and slow down mechanics to give you time to press it :D

Man of Honour
Current team. Thank god I packed Prime Yashin and he sold for 1.6m, my pack luck was dire until that point.

Went for Maradona for fun, it's boring using Mbappe etc. Playing 4231 at the moment. Don't really like Upamecano but he'll do for now.

OqCND5i.jpg

Don
Boring playing Mbappe and you have that Benzema up top :p

I haven't posted a FIFA team in years but this is mine, half the team is untradeable. Best has 1 goal in 17 games haha, but has a lot of assists, I switch to 4231 and he is playing on the right.

8r9xnCJ.png

Man of Honour
Quite true - Benzema is going to be replaced soon, I don't really like using him but he's very effective. Guendouzi is great.

Best is good at winning penalties for me, just cut in from the left, seems to get fouled very easily.

Soldato
Boring playing Mbappe and you have that Benzema up top :p

I haven't posted a FIFA team in years but this is mine, half the team is untradeable. Best has 1 goal in 17 games haha, but has a lot of assists, I switch to 4231 and he is playing on the right.

I see you caved in and got Rooney. How are you finding him?
I should have enough coins/fodder to do the mid icon SBC after thursday rewards. I'm at a point where upgrades will take a lot of coins and running untradable apart from Mid Rooney and Mid Blanc.

Don
I see you caved in and got Rooney. How are you finding him?
I should have enough coins/fodder to do the mid icon SBC after thursday rewards. I'm at a point where upgrades will take a lot of coins and running untradable apart from Mid Rooney and Mid Blanc.

Slow start at CAM in a 4231, I've moved to 4222 now though with him up front and he's doing a lot better. He's got a unique body style so feels nice to use! Like you though the top end players I'll never afford so it's just swapping bits and bobs out for the foreseeable.

Soldato
Slow start at CAM in a 4231, I've moved to 4222 now though with him up front and he's doing a lot better. He's got a unique body style so feels nice to use! Like you though the top end players I'll never afford so it's just swapping bits and bobs out for the foreseeable.

Im playing him Cam at 4312 and ST when 442 or 4222. His shots are different. Can’t exactly describe it apart from being “true”.
He’s averaging just over 1 gol contribution per game for me right now.

Soldato
i've recently changed to a 532 formation and activate the 'attacking fullbacks' from the start. Seems to be working quite well, and with the 3 in the middle, I seem to be able to be a lot more aggressive at winning the ball back without exposing the defence.

Also with this, I seemed to have found a repeatable way to score quite easy and often. Using the wingbacks, if I switch the ball from one to the other its creating a perfect corridor straight through the other guys midfield and defence where I can hammer a through ball straight to the striker and get clean through on goal.

Don
Has anyone got any success stories from reading guides/watching certain players and adopting this into their game? I’m never getting better at this game and find myself slipping into a style I played ten years ago, pass and run, hold sprint etc all the time, I just can’t change my behaviour. I can’t even get into div 1 at the moment.

Man of Honour
Has anyone got any success stories from reading guides/watching certain players and adopting this into their game? I’m never getting better at this game and find myself slipping into a style I played ten years ago, pass and run, hold sprint etc all the time, I just can’t change my behaviour. I can’t even get into div 1 at the moment.

I'm the same. No matter the team, the tactics, I always play the same, direct counter attack and hope for the best. I've tried all sorts but nothing seems to really work.

I think a big issue is the opponents. Some are incredible, others are quite poor, in the same division (1)...

Caporegime
Boras has helped me in previous years and it helps he's a bit older so you can't put it all down to reaction time. That is the main thing though, difficult to be a top-end player when you're 30+ and your reactions aren't the same.

I've still not got to grips with it but quick and accurate player switching is a game changer, doesn't help when at times it's awful due to the delay.

The problem with trying to switch things up is that the game becomes more of a grind when you're trying to force certain habits and you may not enjoy the playstyle required to win. Like I know I could play a lot more defensively, sit back on 1 depth and frustrate the life out of the opponent with possession but it just feels lame.

Soldato
I've had to slow down my play the last few years. Almost trying to walk the ball in the net making sure I only shoot when I know it's a high success rate. You'll find it a little boring to begin with as you'll just be passing side to side at the edge of the box waiting for that 1 pass.
I still lack composure in 1v1s though where I need to do ball rolls more to get past the keeper.

Soldato
i got correa and pique in the red picks. Had an awful weekend league. Pique went into an SBC and correa i'm actually using up top with George Best who so far is brilliant.
my suprise recently is IF Gabriel from arsenal in defence... i got him red pick some time back and used him due to suspension of someone else and he's really good defender.

I packed pogba and fernandes in the same pack, tried out Pogba but by god he's poor. Fernandes will go into an SBC at some point.

Associate
Got my 51 points and called it quits. Sold mbappe as have a feeling his price will continue to drop and drop as toty is coming. Fancy trying something else up top but not sure what.

aspas, pique and correra in picks, sweet fa in packs.

Anyone got some 4-1-2-1-2 tactics? Currently playing 3-5-2 and want to switch it up.

Soldato
I used 352 using some tactics i got of redit. Been using them for a couple of months. I start at 4321 and Tierney goes into LM with come back on defense. works well. As soon as i loose possession he goes to LB and in possession he's a LM. He scores a few and sets up lots. My main issue with it is i am vulnerable if i loose the ball in my own half as Tierney won't have time to get back

Back
Top Bottom