*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

V F

V F

Soldato
Same with most of the previous BF games - couple of people working together can take out most threats - but rather than try and attempt that people just complain X, Y or Z is overpowered.

I used to play BF4 a bit with another poster on here - we'd actually work together and take out the person going rampant in a Little Bird, etc.

That was scary back then if you had a top pilot in a Little Bird.

Man of Honour
That was scary back then if you had a top pilot in a Little Bird.

There are some insane pilots out there - one of the few things you can't cheat at - sure they could use an aimbot (and sadly some do) but the low level flying skill and positioning to stay alive, etc. is another matter.

One I remember was playing on Dawnbreaker and doing rather well but started to feel like I was hogging the scout heli so landed on a roof saying to the other players who'd been riding it someone else have a turn and they were all like nah your doing great only for a few moments later a jet to fly over and blow us all up :(

V F

V F

Soldato
There are some insane pilots out there - one of the few things you can't cheat at - sure they could use an aimbot (and sadly some do) but the low level flying skill and positioning to stay alive, etc. is another matter.

One I remember was playing on Dawnbreaker and doing rather well but started to feel like I was hogging the scout heli so landed on a roof saying to the other players who'd been riding it someone else have a turn and they were all like nah your doing great only for a few moments later a jet to fly over and blow us all up :(

I remember in Battlefield 3 a group of us trying to take down a very experienced Little Bird pilot, it wasn't easy and took a long time. It was crazy seeing how they flew in below bridges, dark bridges very low height to ground scenarios and still destroyed us behind cover. They were fast in and back out for the kills. They were so experienced in how to manoeuvrer it. Soon as you knew what happened, you were sideways on the ground. :cry:

It felt like a game on its own inside of the game server you were in trying to kill these top pilots instead of team vs team. It became like personal vendetta missions.

And that too, if you did manage to eventually kill that Little Bird pilot, his plane buddy swooped in and we were all dead.

Now that I think of it, I think that was why I stopped playing Battlefield and went to TDM games. Team Death Match was a lot of fun but playing against a lot of aircraft as you're on the ground was not fun. Metro was crazy fun carnage as well when you weren't on servers with vehicles and aircraft.

Man of Honour
I remember in Battlefield 3 a group of us trying to take down a very experienced Little Bird pilot, it wasn't easy and took a long time. It was crazy seeing how they flew in below bridges, dark bridges very low height to ground scenarios and still destroyed us behind cover. They were fast in and back out for the kills. They were so experienced in how to manoeuvrer it. Soon as you knew what happened, you were sideways on the ground. :cry:

It felt like a game on its own inside of the game server you were in trying to kill these top pilots instead of team vs team. It became like personal vendetta missions.

And that too, if you did manage to eventually kill that Little Bird pilot, his plane buddy swooped in and we were all dead.

Now that I think of it, I think that was why I stopped playing Battlefield and went to TDM games. Team Death Match was a lot of fun but playing against a lot of aircraft as you're on the ground was not fun. Metro was crazy fun carnage as well when you weren't on servers with vehicles and aircraft.

One of the changes I hated in BF4 was they released a patch which made the heli canopies bullet proof - with a touch of luck I used to be able to snipe the pilots out.

There was a variety of ways to deal with one if a couple of people worked together though especially if both people knew how to fake the pilot into using countermeasures then catch them at the usual spot they'd run to wait out the cool down.

Associate
One of the changes I hated in BF4 was they released a patch which made the heli canopies bullet proof - with a touch of luck I used to be able to snipe the pilots out.

There was a variety of ways to deal with one if a couple of people worked together though especially if both people knew how to fake the pilot into using countermeasures then catch them at the usual spot they'd run to wait out the cool down.

I have managed it a couple of times from the side doors and one through the canopie , I did moan a lot to the head dev just before christmas about this very subject either they tweaked it behind the scenes or its allways been possible

but today I managed to get wounds on the crew with lmg

Soldato
This evening my squad and I made it our mission to pick on Littlebirds and other choppers looking for easy farming. I ran a Soflam, two guys with Recoiless and last guy supplying ammo. Wasn’t easy due to the LB speed but we caught a good few out.

Associate
God, this game is the gift that keeps on punching you in the gut. Some times so much fun, and then so much pain!!!

The hitreg seems to be abstract. One round, it works, with shots landing, both on you and on the enemy - FUN.
Then the next round, the hitreg falls to pieces - full clips to do 10% damage, whilst you get pinged by one shot deaths from miles away by a hand gun - NOT FUN.

I really hope they fix this as for me at least there is a game that is fun to play under all these issues.

Soldato
This evening my squad and I made it our mission to pick on Littlebirds and other choppers looking for easy farming. I ran a Soflam, two guys with Recoiless and last guy supplying ammo. Wasn’t easy due to the LB speed but we caught a good few out.

I've spent the last few weeks doing nothing other than flying choppers, honestly - you guys are a nightmare :D

If there's a couple of people with soflams, AA and ammo - it's so difficult to stay alive, but I guess that's fair. It's more down to how you fly, I tend to be very patient and stay as low as possible all the time, it's pretty much the only way to last any amount of time...

The worst are the jets, they are literally invulnerable. I've got around 6000 kills in helicopters and I've managed to kill maybe 2-3 jets, even in the Wildcat they're borderline impossible to kill if the jet pilot is half decent. I've spent some time in Jets - the only thing that can really kill me is another Jet or the ground, and even then - I just bounce off it, they're a bit silly and broken.

Soldato
I've spent the last few weeks doing nothing other than flying choppers, honestly - you guys are a nightmare :D

If there's a couple of people with soflams, AA and ammo - it's so difficult to stay alive, but I guess that's fair. It's more down to how you fly, I tend to be very patient and stay as low as possible all the time, it's pretty much the only way to last any amount of time...

The worst are the jets, they are literally invulnerable. I've got around 6000 kills in helicopters and I've managed to kill maybe 2-3 jets, even in the Wildcat they're borderline impossible to kill if the jet pilot is half decent. I've spent some time in Jets - the only thing that can really kill me is another Jet or the ground, and even then - I just bounce off it, they're a bit silly and broken.

Thing is, we'd rather be capping flags. With Littlebirds just smashing the living whatsits out of infantry, and most public servers full of muppets who won't work together I feel like we have to sacrifice capping sectors to keep aircraft under control. Jets as you say are the real pain, nigh on impossible to lock up since they're in and out before you can fully lock them up. And, even if you do they then drop flares and are gone. The only thing keeping jets in order is other jets.

Soldato
I know I will get slated, but a fun thing to do on this game as a loner is "Carp Fishing" (anyone who's done that will know what I mean from the description).

Use Boris and a sniper rifle where you can have all 3 clips available to change off of the T menu (for max ammo). Find bushes/cover on a hill, plant the sentry hidden anywhere from 10 to 30 m ahead of you (must be down the hill). Prone in cover! Then just wait for the sentry alarm to go off and use the "wallhack" to pick off your catch. I find this approach relaxing, but it does annoy people so be prepared to get melee'd and tea-bagged every now and again.

There are some great spots for this on Orbital and Discarded :D

Outside of that, I am enjoying this game more as time goes on which is par for the course for every BF game I've played since 1942. They are growers.

Associate
while I play a more mobile role I did use boris like this last night would drop the turret and then move adjacent to it

Back
Top Bottom