Old computer shop in Manchester

Caporegime
Here we go. It wasn't a list for Microdirect but for Klone Computers (also long gone), another one I had forgotten all about. Anyways, here it is:

t1EdOXV
t1EdOXV
t1EdOXV
https://imgur.com/a/t1EdOXV [/IMG]

I hope that works

Just look on waybackmachine.

Used to visit MD a massive amount and spent a great chunk of cash with them, good prices but very variable service, was a sad day when they went under.

Soldato
I missed the vast majority of the '90s gaming scene when you paid 25-30 for an Amiga, Atari ST, PC game which came in a big box and you sometimes got:-
a mouse mat
proper manual
poster
t-shirt
Keyboard layout
a sticker
Iron on patch
Now you're lucky if you get a panthlet
GAME in the Manchester arndale used to be good in the PC section until DVD case sized packaging for CD ROMS (When you still got a decent manual and a fiver for two games) but it gradually shrank until it became mostly PC gaming stuff, game cards and twenty CD Rom games.

At least we have STEAM and GOG for DOS based games(But they don't all work)

I remember back in the wild days of gaming on the Amiga (probably the same for the Atari ST), when people used to come by unmarked games, if they liked them they would purposely go out and buy the retail version. I remember when the art work were seen as a status symbol. When manuals actually had useful information in.

Associate
I worked for Microdirect in the tech support/returns department for about a year around 20 years ago. They were good to work for and I enjoyed the year I spent with them.

Back
Top Bottom