Poll: Winter 2021/22 - Will we see lots of snow?

What will we see this winter?

• Snow blizzards and minus 50 degrees

Votes: 60 15.5%
  • Drizzle and wind

Votes: 241 62.4%
  • Hurricane Pancakes

Votes: 72 18.7%
  • Highest xxxx since records began

Votes: 78 20.2%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
We hit over 15c here, crazy. I'm cooking a bbq in a t-shirt :cry:

I've been doing some work on and off on my truck the last few days - quite comfortable spending hours outside working without dressing up. It is crazy. Normally at this time of year trying to do that kind of stuff without a garage you'd end up chilled to the bone in an hour.

Man of Honour
XCweather is all over the place, a couple of hours ago they forcasted loads of rain followed by 21cm of snow for Tuesday morning, now they say no rain or snow all day

Soldato
I've been doing some work on and off on my truck the last few days - quite comfortable spending hours outside working without dressing up. It is crazy. Normally at this time of year trying to do that kind of stuff without a garage you'd end up chilled to the bone in an hour.

It is nuts I ended up cutting the grass in a t-shirt much to hot to be wearing any more layers, trees will be coming into leaf if this keeps up much longer. Warmest New Years Day on record they say

Soldato
Very nice today, wasnt a shock getting in and out of my wetsuit, also save on heating oil, my old Panasonic plasma will keep the room at 20c

IMG-20220102-131958.jpg

Man of Honour
I think the models/forecasts might be underestimating the potential for snow, albeit transient, over the 4th and 5th - looks like there could be a fair chance with the overall conditions on the edge of the cold as it sweeps south.

While only briefly the jet/Atlantic is looking like it will be held at bay somewhat.

Associate
Woke up to a bit of a light covering this morning which I wasn't expecting. Few showers on and off during the day and it's continued to lie. Bit of a change considering I don't think we've even had a frost so far.

Man of Honour
Got damp snow coming down here - was making a slushy mess on the parked cars at one point but turning more to rain now.

Caporegime
Not had any snow down this way but the wind's picking my greenhouse apart day by day.

Lost a few panes last month and then a number of bolts holding the frame together snapped and I lost one whole side as well as the roof. Last night, the wind must've caught the exposed side because I woke up to find my greenhouse had moved half a metre and the bolts holding the frame down had been ripped out of the blocks :o :(

Caporegime
i didnt get around to replacing my broken glass ,the clear plastic seemed over priced but this seems a good deal for 5 sheets the exact size of a double pane ,but they cut to size foc ,mine are the standard 610mm sq
Thanks for the link, I was going to buy some twinwall from www.thepolycarbonatestore.co.uk but they add a delivery charge.

Tried repairing the base today but the block disintegrated when I tried to screw in the concrete bolts. Gonna try a smaller bolt next week but not sure it'll be saveable without taking it all apart and replacing the block base.

Soldato
No worrys i finally ordered 6 sheets cut in half so 12 2ft sq plus clips can finally move the builders bag and shower doors, may rig up a watering system now i wont have big holes in roof
Wind has calmed down today at least

IMG-20220109-101143.jpg

Back
Top Bottom