Section 36 Ignoring Road Sign Level Crossing NIP

Soldato
derailing a train and killing several hundred people is not an offence worthy of the courts, now?
Unless the OP was driving something like a tank or a crane (in which case I think it's safe to assume he would have mentioned it) then a train would have torn through his car like a sprinter through the finish tape.

Man of Honour
Unless the OP was driving something like a tank or a crane (in which case I think it's safe to assume he would have mentioned it) then a train would have torn through his car like a sprinter through the finish tape.

While I've seen videos of trains plowing through downed trees on a line like they were matchsticks, etc. there have been a number of incidents of trains being derailed by cars.

Soldato

Just to add to the above - a large animal such as a cow could derail a train. All it takes is the wrong thing to go under the lifeguards, or the lifeguards to break then it's a dice roll as to what happens. For those who don't know, these are lifeguards - https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lifeguard

Man of Honour
OK, so we now have a car ripped to shreds... that's a lot of metal flying through the air and murdering me and my work crews with Hyundai-branded shrapnel, as well as the risk of derailment as parts of that now-shredded car get stuck under the train.
Still keeping it out of the courts?
We don't treat people who speed in areas where there are people around as if they hit one of them and killed them do we, so why would we treat this as if your hypothetical scenario played out?

Caporegime
Ultimately, just don’t do it.

9 times out of 10 you could easily push your car out of the way if it was to cut out on the crossing, but, that 10th time could (and has) proved tragic.

Man of Honour
But I do it with Grace. Is this not the right Venue for such Libero thinking, then? Are people too Delica for it? :p

Quite simply we would not. Not sure where you got the idea that we would...
If they did hit someone, we definitely would treat them like that, though. In this situation the greater risks of them causing deaths and the magnitude of those deaths makes this a much more serious transgression than simply running a normal red light. That's why there are barriers.
Because you seem to be using people dying to argue your point except no one died.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Don't fret. It'll be points and a fine max if you go to court as long as you show the same remorse, the negative impact on your career and also the driver training you have mentioned.

Court isn't scary either, it's quite intimate and they are understanding to genuine remorse and will use their common sense. Just show them you're sorry and not a risk then the points/fine will be punishment enough.

Soldato
That is an entirely fair point.

But it doesn't detract from the wider issue that the reason why so many (!) people take such a chance to beat the lights at level crossings is that "Most" of time, once those lights start flashing, it will be a Looooong time before you will get under way again.

The problem is that people being people would still be too impatient to wait. If you knew every train would arrive 60 seconds after the light flashes, if you gave a second by second countdown to arrival, you would still have drivers thinking that they can make it over the crossing in the last 10 seconds.

Associate
I will update for those who are interested as soon as I hear anything.[/QUOTE]

Hi, I am very interested to know what the outcome of this was now that it’s almost 3 years later - Did you need to go to court? Did you receive 3 points and a £60 fine? Did you receive something more serious? Did you end up facing no charges?
It would be extremely helpful to me to know the outcome.
Thank you very much.

Soldato
I will update for those who are interested as soon as I hear anything.

Hi, I am very interested to know what the outcome of this was now that it’s almost 3 years later - Did you need to go to court? Did you receive 3 points and a £60 fine? Did you receive something more serious? Did you end up facing no charges?
Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

He's not been on in over a year. Very unlikely he'll be back to update.

Soldato
Thank you very much.
Lube up, OP is in prison.

Back
Top Bottom