*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
I was hopeful for a Pro model but once the OLED came out I'd expect a year or two until anything more. It's a shame as there are plenty of games that can make use of some extra grunt, the Switch is pretty flexible being able to adapt to changing resolutions and clock speeds depending on if docked or not and many games use dynamic resolution so it wouldn't be much work to allow games to make use of higher end hardware.

Soldato
I'm loving the Switch; I had one on launch in 2017 but got rid of it when there was a bit of a lull after launch. Picked up an OLED before Xmas and loving it; still had some games I'd bought electronically (Mario Kart in particular!), picked up a few things in the sale although seem to be mainly sinking time into GTA: Vice City...

How is Tony Hawk on the Switch? Its on my list but thought I might just buy it physically in-case it wasn't good!

Already got Saints Row and Bomberman too in the sale and might add Bioshock Trilogy (£16), Burnout Paradise (£7.50) and the Civ 6 anthology before the sale ends on the 12th as they are well cheaper than finding even used physical copies; also kinda tempted by the Spyro Trilogy; showing my age!

I've not had chance to play the game as yet, just waiting on the memory card to arrive today. It's on offer at £22 currently so decided to take a punt and relive my youth! So many hours spent playing it when younger.

I think the only other game I'm really going to get now is Zelda.

I was hoping they would have released a Starfox or F-Zero game but looking around no such look!

Man of Honour
I agree - if it wasn't for the silicon shortage and pandemic I think a Switch Pro would have been announced last year. When it does eventually arrive it will feature the OLED screen, kick-stand and upgraded audio capabilities of the latest Switch model ( which I'm confident were initially intended for the Switch Pro ). As you say, though, there isn't any rush for Nintendo to release new hardware as the platform continues to have strong sales.

The OLED will be held back for the Switch 2 Pro version, as is custom for all Nintendo handhelds.

I was hoping they would have released a Starfox or F-Zero game but looking around no such look!

Nintendo have stated they won't develop an F-Zero game unless they can do something new with the series.

Soldato
I've not had chance to play the game as yet, just waiting on the memory card to arrive today. It's on offer at £22 currently so decided to take a punt and relive my youth! So many hours spent playing it when younger.

I think the only other game I'm really going to get now is Zelda.

There is Starlink.

Associate
Just finished Mario Odyssey and Christ, it's exceptional.

The way it plays and the visuals are absolutely top tier - thoroughly enjoyed it!

Soldato
well they made the joysticks so it is their fault. someone even a third party should make hall effect sensor joycons and they would sell real well. id be up for getting a switch then.

Back
Top Bottom