*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
How does the referral promo work? Do you have to buy the device the direct from Meta? A few friends and played mine and will likely pick one up in the near future.

I bought mine 2-3 months ago from Currys and haven’t used any referral.

Caporegime
You don’t need to buy the device direct no.

The referral comes through on Facebook messenger, click the link and do the necessary account linking via the Oculus site then the resulting page tells you to go and buy a device, I think once the device is registered the referral credit gets added to both accounts.

Caporegime
Have to say first impressions of this unit are very impressed, so much better than my previous VR experience (PSVR on a non pro), only tried Zombieland, Superhot, Table Tennis and a quick do on the boxing game but it all feels pretty damn good.

I can tell already that smooth turning will still be a problem for me though, PSVR gave me all sorts of motion sickness problems in games like RE7 etc.

Soldato
Have to say first impressions of this unit are very impressed, so much better than my previous VR experience (PSVR on a non pro), only tried Zombieland, Superhot, Table Tennis and a quick do on the boxing game but it all feels pretty damn good.

I can tell already that smooth turning will still be a problem for me though, PSVR gave me all sorts of motion sickness problems in games like RE7 etc.

Glad you are enjoying it. Good choice of games to start out on :)

As for motion sickness. You can get used to it. Just don't try to push through it. The second you start to feel nauseous, stop playing, take off the headset and go do something else for a while. When you are fully recovered go back and play the game again. I know it doesn't sound like it, but, this is actually the quickest way to get over motion sickness in VR.

IF you try to push through you will only make it worse. You are actually training your brain to associate VR with motion sickness.

Soldato
It's on my list along with mini-golf and golf+

Walkabout Mini Golf is excellent, however Golf games aren't so good. There are some fun ones but last time I check, none of them are very realistic.

Eleven Table Tennis however, is a must buy VR game. It's the game that I use when I am demo'ing VR to friends/family etc. Even if they don't like or play table tennis they are still blown away by how real it feels. Even had VR naysayers who changed their tune after trying it.

Oh and just in case you didn't realise, but, Oculus has a refund option just like Steam. So if you buy a game on the Quest 2 and don't like it you can return it for a full refund. Two conditions, you have to return it inside 14 days and you have to have played it for less than 2 hours.

Back
Top Bottom