What's your personal GOAT ? (Game of all time)

Associate
Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising

A heavy dose of nostalgia due to the age I was when I played it. The scale of the multiplayer at the time felt incredible (150 players I believe on certain servers) for someone who didn't get into MMOs until later.
I loved this game. I loved the mode where it was like capture the bases and then both teams would meet at the middle base and all hell would break loose.

Soldato
Some absolute belters in the list tbf. For me, especially with it being in it's time and still being a great challenge today (if you don't remember it or don't cheat) - Metal Gear Solid.

Soldato
Definitely Rimworld for me. Random generated worlds and maps and random story teller events for each playthrough. Lot of adjustable settings letting you make it as easy or as difficult as you wish. That's just the base game not even including thousands of mods available, ranging from simple QoL to full conversion mods.

V F

V F

Soldato
Maybe I'll go with Quake 3 Arena since it's not on the list. I had a lot of fun with that from 1999 to 2003/4. It still works and plays great to this day, single player wise but it was stellar multiplayer back in its day and the mods that came out for it. Rocket Arena 3/Quake 3 Fortress/Defrag.

Associate
It has to be Counterstrike they have 691k players online as I type this for a 20 year old game thats amazing

if not world of warcraft

Permabanned
Unreal Tournament 1999

UT2004 deserves a mention as well, probably the last multiplayer shooter designed for the PC before they consolized everything.

Yes, there have been many multiplayer shooters since, but it's all about loot boxes, pay to win, they're designed for consoles, not the PC... The PC is just an afterthought now.

Back
Top Bottom