Modern motorbike game

Soldato
Motorbike games seem to be becoming way more realistic in terms of the sense of speed. Certain clickbait videos like 'World's Most Dangerous Road Race with Fastest Superbikes' show Ride 4 but for some reason never say its a game in the title.

I have Ride 4 and whilst it looks good the controls and 'movement' feel a bit off.

I also have TT Isle of man - Ride on the edge 2, which feels much nicer to control but looks a bit dated. I still play it way more than Ride 4.

Are there any other Motorbike games like Ride on the edge 2 that i'm missing?

Soldato
I was going to say Ride 4, looks good from a graphics point of view.

Motorbike games never drag me in though. With racing games you can at least use a steering wheel to make it feel a bit more realistic but you can't really do that with a motorbike

Soldato
OP

Motorbike games never drag me in though. With racing games you can at least use a steering wheel to make it feel a bit more realistic but you can't really do that with a motorbike
A more arcade motorbike game with a realistic sense of speed would be perfect. Sort of similar to Trackmania but, real life locations

SPG

SPG

Soldato

It is a bit like flying planes, Fixed wing are just failed rotary pilots :) and 4 wheels are for those that fail on two :)

V F

V F

Soldato
MotoGP 21 is the hardest and most realistic physics of them all.
TT Ride on the Edge 2 is second most realistic while Ride 4 is pretty arcade.

Ride 4 is somewhat hard to get a wheelie off at high speed or even trying to keep it up. In MotoGP 21 you can wheelie wherever and whenever. You can power slide in MotoGP 21, cannot do that in Ride 4. Cannot even lockup the front brake and drive the power in Ride 4. It keeps cutting out.

If you get MotoGP 21, I'd suggest you watch this. As so many cannot get down with the realistic physics because so many are used to the arcade games.

Soldato
OP
MotoGP 21 is the hardest and most realistic physics of them all.
TT Ride on the Edge 2 is second most realistic while Ride 4 is pretty arcade.

Ride 4 is somewhat hard to get a wheelie off at high speed or even trying to keep it up. In MotoGP 21 you can wheelie wherever and whenever. You can power slide in MotoGP 21, cannot do that in Ride 4. Cannot even lockup the front brake and drive the power in Ride 4. It keeps cutting out.

If you get MotoGP 21, I'd suggest you watch this. As so many cannot get down with the realistic physics because so many are used to the arcade games.

Interesting, probably be too difficult for me and id get bored but why (instead of having COG settings) cant you just moved the ride up, down left and right whilst also accelerating, breaking and turning? :confused:
Rider position would affect COG instead of just using sliders in the control menu

Im sure this was in an old MotoGP game from around 1997. It was super hard but a fantastic game when you got the hang of it

V F

V F

Soldato
So is MotoGP 21. The last MotoGP game I had was 2008 for the PS3, then got Ride for the PS4 back in 2018/19. Decided to get back into bike games recently so bought MotoGP 21, Ride 4 and TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2 for PC. Once I got into MotoGP 21 for the first time in the past 2 - 3 weeks. I turned off all assists and couldn't make a turn. Or stoppies all over the place. This was all thanks to the years of F1 games since the brake points in my memory were so late.

It took me a few weeks to get used to MotoGP 21's handling. I'm starting to be consistent but still some wobbles from me. It's still hard but that is what makes the handling amazing. Braking on the edge and rear starts sliding out. Or too quick on the power out of the corner and power sliding. I would definitely look into it. It's pretty amazing physics.

Two of the hardest tracks I've found were Circuit of Americas with all the quick twisty chicanes. What a track though for bikes. Portimao is another very hard one with so many blind corners.

TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2 is also pretty amazing. The physics are still very very good but not as finesse as MotoGP 21. You've got to treat those bikes with respect with no assists. The sense of speed in, TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2 is pretty mind blowing. What a track Isle of Man is in the game. Here was me once thinking Nordschleife was long. :cry:

Some sections of the TT track really is scary as hell.

Ride 4, sadly the physics truly are garbage. Still a fun game though, they have a huge selection of tracks to pick which is quite amazing. I wanted Ride 4 for also all the street locations as well as riding at night. The tracks are pretty cool when all the lights and tail lights are going.

Back
Top Bottom