US: Dexter: New Blood

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I dont get why resurrect Dexter just to waste him in such a crude, meaningless and worthless ending? They built these numerous plot lines with Batista and the Tycoon guy at the start of season which ended up not contributing with the story or the show. Harrison my goodness i dont know what the general consensus is but he came across as annoying and insufferable. I get his anger towards his father but he switches mindsets in a second and then switches back to something else? If he didnt want to reconcile with his Dad then why seek him out?? I simply did not care for this character. Dexter wanted to give him a normal life away from the dark passenger and what better way than to get him to murder him and have that burden/guilt for the rest of this life? Wouldnt that push him further towards the darkness and never mind all the trouble with the law. Wouldnt he also be on the run now anyway minus his father which they would have done before this "favour" from Dexter. It didnt make any sense.

The show runners even said this was a much better closure than season 8, hate to tell you this but its worse . They also mentioned they want to set this up for Harrison so you telling me he killed his Dad because he was disgusted with what he did just to then become the very thing himself? That preposterous and absurd. I will not be watching a show about Harrison. (Power 2 comes to mind) What a absolute abysmal ending.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Also

** Episode 10 Spoilers**
  • Angela somehow pieced together Dexter was the BHB was really really far stretched and thin. Even with wheel marks. She could not work out Kurt and all these many victims in this small town but in 10 mins worked out the BHB, outsmarting, Debs, Miami PD, FBI and even other serial killers etc.
  • Dexter had plausible deniability why would he murder Logan and risk it all??? Dexter in 8 seasons hasnt murdered an innocent? So what happened to the code and why start now?
  • Ketamine is not the drug the BHB used, it was M99
  • Dexter made such un-Dexter like mistakes and behaviours? Yes i will leave the pint with serial numbers lying around the house to tie me in with Matt's murder.
  • Harrison again changed his mind in like seconds. He was angry, he wasnt, he had the dark passanger, nope it was anger again. I mean come on writing is awful.
  • Harrison leaving town in his dads truck which everyone recognises and even drives past the crime scene without anyone noticing.
  • Ending was a rushed complete mess imo. With no pay off or satisfying conclusion . It just ended abruptly setting up for boring and obnoxious Harrison. GL with that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
episode ratings are usually dog turd boosted by bots they don't even matter these days, it's part of the advertising budget

Soldato
Also

** Episode 10 Spoilers**
  • Dexter had plausible deniability why would he murder Logan and risk it all??? Dexter in 8 seasons hasnt murdered an innocent? So what happened to the code and why start now?
Some in self defence, but only one where he got it wrong, photographers assistant in S4 I think

Soldato
I enjoyed the season overall but its not without its flaws, especially the finale. It was as the writers ran out of ideas and got to a point of no return and decided to hit the scorched earth button. Harrison in general I didn't like, his constant flip-flopping felt unrealistic. If there is a season 2, I wouldn't be looking forward to it.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Some in self defence, but only one where he got it wrong, photographers assistant in S4 I think

Ok say for the sake of discussion in S4 he mistaken that person as a killer so he had motive despite being wrong still within code guidelines. In this instance he knew Logan was a cop doing his job and totally innocent why would he hurt him ignore the code that he been following all his life?

Heck why did he allow Angela to lock him up? Dexter instincts surely would have noticed Angela been really distant and cold to him with immense suspicion yet he pretended not to notice. He at the very least would have had some sort of alarm bells or Dexter sense ringing. Gets me so worked up they did so well throughout this season to absolutely **** it up so badly. Yes i am still ranting about it LoL :mad:

Soldato
Ok say for the sake of discussion in S4 he mistaken that person as a killer so he had motive despite being wrong still within code guidelines. In this instance he knew Logan was a cop doing his job and totally innocent why would he hurt him ignore the code that he been following all his life?

Heck why did he allow Angela to lock him up? Dexter instincts surely would have noticed Angela been really distant and cold to him with immense suspicion yet he pretended not to notice. He at the very least would have had some sort of alarm bells or Dexter sense ringing. Gets me so worked up they did so well throughout this season to absolutely **** it up so badly. Yes i am still ranting about it LoL :mad:
I'm on the same page as you, thought the series was on par with some is the later series but the last few just annoyed me no end, so many plot holes/retcons and Dexter acting out of character - Harrison was off the entire run as well.

He survived the FBI, his sister, numerous serial killers, Doakes and gets undone by a Google search and and a scorned lover.. I'll take lumberjack Dexter over what was served up in New Blood.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I'm on the same page as you, thought the series was on par with some is the later series but the last few just annoyed me no end, so many plot holes/retcons and Dexter acting out of character - Harrison was off the entire run as well.

He survived the FBI, his sister, numerous serial killers, Doakes and gets undone by a Google search and and a scorned lover.. I'll take lumberjack Dexter over what was served up in New Blood.

The mistake in the plot was linking Ketamine to BHB. He used M99. That google link wasnt possible and huge hole. Way Angela found out was ludicrous.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I enjoyed the season, until the finale.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Dexter and could watch any of the seasons again quite easily but what a waste of a good character for…. essentially nothing.

All the time between the OG show ending and this for them to do… that. Don’t get me wrong; I expected them to pass the torch to Harrison (the clue was in the name of the show) but now they’ve royally screwed the pooch.

Gutted :(

I almost thought Dexter was going to get off the hook with the Kurt reveal, but that came to an abrupt end.

Angela going from loving partner to manic detective to super sleuth able to piece together the BHB killings from 2 cases where druggies had been stuck with needles in the neck. Wat.

Bautista was completely wasted. I guess he’s now having to make the 18hr drive / flight for nothing :D

Harrison… such a terrible lead character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Echo similar thoughts -

really enjoyed it up till this episode, and in fact was intrigued with this one and hw he'd talk out of it until he killed Logan and jail escape. Thought then they've screwed it, no time left, can only go one way now :(

Similar to comments above - really needed more thought and a couple more episodes to stretch out a less rushed ending

Soldato
I enjoyed the season. But I'm not sure it'll do that well if Harrison is the main character.

The only annoying part I found is Deb appearing in the episodes always berating Dexter all the time.

Soldato
Just watched the finale and think the same as much the above. Really enjoyed the season up till now. There was no compelling physical evidence and Dexter would have been well aware of that so killing Logan was just a means to the end. Bit disappointed really.

Back
Top Bottom