US: 1883

I remember it well, like it was yesterday. Anyone caught this new series yet? First episode was very good and shows a refreshingly non-woke new series.

I'm not a huge fan of Westerns but I did quite like Deadwood and this feels a tad more gritty and violent version of that.

The part where the crowd catches and hangs a pickpocket within moments was shocking and you really felt the brutality of the era

There are a couple of episodes out so far and I am looking forward to more.

Caporegime
stuff like your spoiler still happens even in this country :)
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...vigilantes-hand-chopped-machete-b1921463.html
the article says based on "reports" but theres a video of the guy sitting on a kerb with his hand missing lol.... you know what the police always uised to say... if you carry a knife you risk it being used against you......

Soldato
Yeah I tried Yellowstone but could not get on with it. It was a little too "American" if you know what I mean. This is more wild west which I can escape into.

How far did you get? I wasn't really sure until around mid/end season 1 as most of them are quite an unlikeable bunch anyway.

If it's the old west style you like, it does get quite extreme about mid-season 2 to some proper old frontier style justice being handed out and continues right up to where i'm at in S4 at the moment.

Soldato
2 episodes in and quite good so far! it doesn't shy away from the gritty reality of the frontier era. But im a sucker for modern westerns (thank you Deadwood!).
Yellowstone was a bit to modern USA for my liking, not that i've tried it yet, i may give it a shot at some point.

Soldato
Two episodes in and loving it, got a lot of time for Sam Elliot.
Theres something very enchanting about the west/frontier era.

I binge watched the whole 4 seasons of Yellowstone over christmas, thoroughly enjoyed it, more than I though I would. Looking forward to 6666 spinoff as well, Jimmy was one of my favourites from Yellowstone, really hoping he features heavily in it.

Associate
Pretty good, always liked the revisionist westerns and so far holds up very well against Deadwood etc. Doesnt sugar coat the wild west at all, the first episode is brutal from the outset.

Will give Yellowstone a go based on this.

Really nicely scored as well.

Soldato
5 episodes in and gotta say its really good, just wish they would maintain consistency with the releases, otherwise i'd have waited till they were all available as this is frustrating. one of the better shows of the last few years for sure!

Caporegime
Same, am burning through Yellowstone way way too fast, finished s3 at 12.30am this morning and needed bed but had to see what happened start of S4, tired today.

just finished it today. one of the best shows i ever watched. really well put together , directed , storylines , acting , scenary is some of the best shots locations i ever seen on tv. also you can actually feel what they on about. epic.

just checked apparently season four was the most watched tv series of 2022 of cable. season 5 is well underway.

cant believe there isnt a thread on here for it.

Last edited:
Commissario
Never seen Yellowstone, I've heard it mentioned a few times recently but I have no idea what it's about.

However I have just watched the first three episodes of 1883 back to back and it's excellent.

Back
Top Bottom