Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Nothing I did email them last week but I expect I wont hear back for a good few weeks.

I did email them on 12/9, they kindly replay in a day but......

I know that you are waiting for the firmware update of your monitor. It is my pleasure to help you out with your concern. You may refer to this link to download the latest firmware for your monitor: https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product/lg-27GP950-B.AUS

LG is committed in providing the best customer experience and would greatly appreciate any other additional feedback you may have regarding LG products and services. If you have a few moments to spare, a Feedback section is also available at the bottom of this email that you may use to rate and send us suggestions to better improve our services.

Best Regards,
Leon
LG Canada Email Support
1-888-542-2623
https://www.lg.com/ca_en

OcUK Staff
OP
I've opened pre-orders again, we've been given a small allocation which will hopefully land with us at the end of the month.

Then we should get some more in February!

LG 27" 27GP950-B 3840x2160 4K IPS NANO 144Hz 1ms FreeSync/G-Sync Compatible LED Widescreen Gaming Mo @ £799.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LG-2...tible-LED-Widescreen-Gaming-Mo-MO-162-LG.html

LG 27" 27GP950-B, Display Resolution 3840x2160, Display Size 27", Refresh Rate 144Hz, FreeSync, G-Sync Compatible 1ms Response Time, Contrast Ratio 1000:1, Panel Type NANO IPS, HDR 600 , HDMI 2.1

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Response from LG to my email

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email, I would be happy to help today.

I am sorry to say that that is with LG Canada who may have a slightly different model to us. This would mean that the software update would not be for the UK market. We would still need you to provide the details requested so that we can look in to this for you and raise a VOC. Can you please reply to this email with those details and we will be able to investigate this for you.

I hope I have helped you today, but if you have any more questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to get back in contact with us for further assistance, we would be happy to help you. I hope you have a lovely day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kind Regards

Associate
NO. Stay away from this monitor until it has been fixed. All units will have black screen issues. People who say otherwise are using HDMI 2.1 and NOT display port. Even if you were to turn off all adaptive sync features to avoid black screens, the issues plaguing this monitor's display port interface go beyond just black screens when playing games. They acknowledged the problem and promised a firmware update fix 7 months after the monitor's release date and now 2 months late from the supposed fix release date. My 2 cents: Stay away from this monitor :)

Soldato
Right now I want to say go and buy this monitor.

It really is a great monitor but due to the black screen issue I would say either wait or buy something else.

The complete workaround for me has been to turn of DSC over displayport this will run the monitor at max 120hz 4 but everything else works you lose 144hz or 160hz.

Associate
I managed to finally snag one on the latest pre-order to go with my 27gp850, reading the black screen issues is unsettling (though i'm not gonna need anything over 120hz till I get lucky in a Nvidia stock drop).

Associate
I’ve preordered the monitor, but concerned about when it’ll arrive since preorders have been open a while now and I can assume there’s been lots of orders but above says: “small allocation” for hopefully end of Jan and “more in February”. Doesn’t fill me with much hope. I’m worried that you’ve oversold and I could be waiting months on months for a preorder to arrive. Just a bit nervous!

Associate
Response from LG to my email

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email, I would be happy to help today.

I am sorry to say that that is with LG Canada who may have a slightly different model to us. This would mean that the software update would not be for the UK market. We would still need you to provide the details requested so that we can look in to this for you and raise a VOC. Can you please reply to this email with those details and we will be able to investigate this for you.

I hope I have helped you today, but if you have any more questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to get back in contact with us for further assistance, we would be happy to help you. I hope you have a lovely day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kind Regards

Apparently they have no idea and failed to talk to the development team.

Associate
Hi, I'm new here and have also preordered. I would assume that they would only take pre-orders for the amount of stock that they are expecting, as they have taken the funds for my order?

I've not asked but I would have thought this was the case, maybe someone with more experience can advise?

Associate
Hi, I'm new here and have also preordered. I would assume that they would only take pre-orders for the amount of stock that they are expecting, as they have taken the funds for my order?

I've not asked but I would have thought this was the case, maybe someone with more experience can advise?

@Trigger2007 Same here, I’m new too. I’m only asking because LG had preorders open and they quickly sold out. Curry’s doesn’t show any stock. So was worried OC had oversold as that’s happened to me before (a different company, but still have worries after it’s happened once). I feel the same, would appreciate if anyone who has preordered this monitor before with OC could shed some light on this and talk about their experience?

Associate
It would be good to know if OC are closing pre-orders when the unit amount is allocated, I’m holding just now but would like to order, I don’t want £800 tied up here if there’s an opportunity to get one sooner if the pre-orders sell out

Associate
@Gogster Completely agree. It looks to me that they’ve just kept preorders open and not considered closing them - going back to my issue about being oversold, sadly. Would be great to get a response from OC, fingers crossed we should get our monitors soon!

Associate
@Trigger2007 Same here, I’m new too. I’m only asking because LG had preorders open and they quickly sold out. Curry’s doesn’t show any stock. So was worried OC had oversold as that’s happened to me before (a different company, but still have worries after it’s happened once). I feel the same, would appreciate if anyone who has preordered this monitor before with OC could shed some light on this and talk about their experience?

Fingers crossed they are a better business. I've no experience with Pre-orders but had this thread on alert and ordered pretty much as soon as the pre-order happened so hopefully it will be fulfilled.

Associate
Just a further update, I dropped the shop an email to understand if they only sold the amount of stock they had, and I got a nice reply basically saying that they were expecting delivery in early Feb and my order was included in this shipment so I can only think that they keep an eye on how many pre-orders. All the correspondence I have had has been really well replied to so I have a good confidence in them.

Associate
@Trigger2007 Thats quite promising! That’s made me feel better tbh. What email did you email please, I’d like to email them myself and see if my shipment would be around Feb time too.

Associate
@Trigger2007 Thats quite promising! That’s made me feel better tbh. What email did you email please, I’d like to email them myself and see if my shipment would be around Feb time too.

I just went on the main site and did the contact and used web form or web mail and directed it to the sales department. They came back the next day which was great.

Back
Top Bottom