Robert Jordan’s fantasy epic The Wheel of Time coming to TV

Soldato
I assume series 2 will follow The Hunt for the Horn book, 2nd book in the series. However, after the @@@@ show that was series 1, they will mess up book 2 as well. Some of the main plot points involve characters that have not even been introduced from Eye of the World, for example The Forsaken and Selene...

"Logars weaves." I believe his name is Logain, in the books and TV series.
You should be grateful that haven't introduced Lanfear, she'll end up trans or something. I'm also willing to bet Elayne is gay

Soldato
I think they'll cut Elayne and the whole Camelyn related plotlines just to keep it tidy. I reckon books 2 and 3 will only make one unsatisfactory season. No way the travel stones make it in. Book 3 will be abbreviated onto the back of book 2.

Soldato
That was like someone speed read all the even pages of a foreign language translation and then tried to explain the plot while constantly remembering bits they'd forgotten and jumbling up the sequence of events.

The person who it was explained to then tried to write a TV script.

Which was then rewritten by someone completely new to both the story and the genre.

Associate
That was like someone speed read all the even pages of a foreign language translation and then tried to explain the plot while constantly remembering bits they'd forgotten and jumbling up the sequence of events.

The person who it was explained to then tried to write a TV script.

Which was then rewritten by someone completely new to both the story and the genre.

I completely lost interest in it for that exact reason. You can't get invested in anything because they keep throwing new characters and story lines at you every 5min.

Associate
Havent read the books so no issue with the plot etc - biggest failing for me is that they have used largely unknown young actors who pretty much all have zero screen impact and are instantly forgettable. Even the "lead" Rosamund Pike is in reality a paper thin supporting actress with zero gravitas.

All very meh and forgettable. LOTR lite.

Caporegime
It mainly seems the people who have read the books didn't enjoy it and the people who haven't did.

Ah interesting. I get this. I read the Bernard Cornwell books last kingdom and really did not like the TV adaptation.

I haven't read the books. I might check out some reviews. I had prime for a month on free trial a while ago and couldn't find anything at all. I wanted to watch on it.

Or could save this for when LOTR comes out.

Soldato
Havent read the books so no issue with the plot etc - biggest failing for me is that they have used largely unknown young actors who pretty much all have zero screen impact and are instantly forgettable. Even the "lead" Rosamund Pike is in reality a paper thin supporting actress with zero gravitas.

All very meh and forgettable. LOTR lite.

It's the ultimate weak ejaculation TV show.

It needed a proper cast, proper writers and some real World building.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yes, its a fine show, the books are the same as Shakespeare i.e Highly overrated.

Really enjoyed it, went along at a nice pace, the acting is fine so far and it fits the mood, as in a bunch of nobody`s starting out in life.

Soldato
Aviendha has been cast, good old Amazon :cry:

pjimage-20.jpg

Soldato
I understand the desire to have a cast with a wide degree of representation to attract a wide audience. But by doing away with the books ethnicities they also undercut the opportunity for the cultural differences between the different parts of the world. When Aiel look like people from Andor or Sheineran etc the definite qualities are going to be lost. But I don't think the writers really care. I'm not even arguing that the look of the different groups had to reflect the book either but at least recognise and reflect that different nationalities are different which seems really weak in season 1.

Caporegime
I understand the desire to have a cast with a wide degree of representation to attract a wide audience. But by doing away with the books ethnicities they also undercut the opportunity for the cultural differences between the different parts of the world. When Aiel look like people from Andor or Sheineran etc the definite qualities are going to be lost. But I don't think the writers really care. I'm not even arguing that the look of the different groups had to reflect the book either but at least recognise and reflect that different nationalities are different which seems really weak in season 1.

Yeah from memory the sea fairing folk are all very dark skinned and I am sure several other cities in the book were mentioned that they werent white as well.

Back
Top Bottom