Denon DJ Prime 4

Soldato
Hey guys,

thinking of getting back into some DJing and wondering if anyone either has, or with experience on the Prime 4?

seems good value for money, and Denon do make quality products so..any input appreciated. :)

Soldato
I’ve not had any experience with the Dennon but if you want to DJ anywhere other than at home then Pioneer is probably a safer bet as most pubs/clubs will be running Pioneer gear.

Soldato
OP
Thanks rob, I heard a few comments on quality issues, but I think it’s great, metal plating, tight faders and knobs, yeah, well happy!

no mate, the platters are static. I don’t think many are on controllers, I think for Denon the SC6000M would be the way to go, but at a cost! :(

Soldato
OP
What was your reason for ditching the Prime?

tbh mate, I was not 100% sold on the effects on the prime, the prime 4 is a bit more expansive on effects, plus I like the “familiarity” of Pioneer dj stuff, if I ever wanted to try for more club based gigs.

but as of right now, no. :cry:

Soldato
tbh mate, I was not 100% sold on the effects on the prime, the prime 4 is a bit more expansive on effects, plus I like the “familiarity” of Pioneer dj stuff, if I ever wanted to try for more club based gigs.

but as of right now, no. :cry:
That's what I said when I went to a club back in November and speaking to the dj playing. I currently have Traktor Kontrol S2 from a decade ago. If I tried to get booked in the club it'd be like restarting my dj career from back in 2003 with too many knobs and whistles haha Pioneer at least still industry standard so could become familiar quicker.

Soldato
What Pioneer gear you gone for? Been really enjoying messing around with the DDJ-400. Had it out for new year at a house party with a laptop and it went down a storm with everyone having a go!

Soldato
OP
What Pioneer gear you gone for? Been really enjoying messing around with the DDJ-400. Had it out for new year at a house party with a laptop and it went down a storm with everyone having a go!

hey mark,

I went for a djm 450 mixer and a pair of xdj 700’s.

I get my new laptop tomorrow and hope to hook it up ok.

I will upload some pics tomorrow once it’s all setup!

Back
Top Bottom