Hell Let Loose...Company Of Hero's, meets FPS

Soldato
I've just started playing this again, and it is quite stunning when you get proper teamwork going. Intense, stressful, but extremely rewarding when you do manage to succeed.

But there I find is the primary issue - it's not at all given in game how to succeed, as in what you actually need to do. Engineer? Support? Squad lead? Artillery? All of these have so many tasks they need to complete but nowhere is it actually described. I've had to go to YouTube to understand what the roles are and how they function. The strong point capture etc. is also a mess as only the experienced players or those who have read-up on how capturing works, know how it functions.

I don't want them to simplify it, but I'd like it explained by them properly so that others playing don't make the mistake of just running into the circle (which is an entirely logical thing for them to do given the map cues and how almost any other game functions). Or engineers or support thinking that their role differs just in the weapons they have. Or artillery gunners not having any idea that their firing is draining resources for use elsewhere on the battlefield just because there aren't enough nodes down.

Soldato
I've just started playing this again, and it is quite stunning when you get proper teamwork going. Intense, stressful, but extremely rewarding when you do manage to succeed.

But there I find is the primary issue - it's not at all given in game how to succeed, as in what you actually need to do. Engineer? Support? Squad lead? Artillery? All of these have so many tasks they need to complete but nowhere is it actually described. I've had to go to YouTube to understand what the roles are and how they function. The strong point capture etc. is also a mess as only the experienced players or those who have read-up on how capturing works, know how it functions.

I don't want them to simplify it, but I'd like it explained by them properly so that others playing don't make the mistake of just running into the circle (which is an entirely logical thing for them to do given the map cues and how almost any other game functions). Or engineers or support thinking that their role differs just in the weapons they have. Or artillery gunners not having any idea that their firing is draining resources for use elsewhere on the battlefield just because there aren't enough nodes down.

True.

And this point is no better exemplified at the start the game where people don't make infantry squads because it automatically assigns them as squad leader....

You can wait ages for somebody to start a squad then people just rush in to fill the spaces once somebody steps forward as a SL!

Tis a great game though. I am summed up perfectly in your post because I don't understand the undercurrent of the game either!!

Last edited:
Soldato
True.

And this point is no better exemplified at the start the game where people don't make infantry squads because it automatically assigns them as squad leader....

You can wait ages for somebody to start a squad then people just rush in to fill the spaces once somebody steps forward as a SL!

Tis a great game though. I am summed up perfectly in your post because I don't understand the undercurrent of the game either!!
You summed me up perfectly just then too - I'm guilty of not being SL! I do the very same waiting game and rush into the first unlocked squad that's made. Mainly because I still don't know the mechanics though, but also because it's so infrequent that the squad members have/use their mics that I don't fancy even attempting it.

I shall do so today though, need to learn at some point.

This is the channel I've learnt a lot from about the mechanics: https://youtube.com/c/monoespacial

He gets quite annoyed, and that can grate rather as he's just making videos, but they're educational if you can get past his annoyance.

Soldato
There's probably far more to it but all I know is that SLs put down outposts. I have no idea who makes them into garrisons, again my game knowledge failing hard!

You are perfectly right though, you shouldn't have to watch 30 minute youtube videos to work out how a first person shooter works!

Last edited:
Soldato
If you are a squad leader and you build a garrison with some supplies from a support, can you then go somehwere else in the map and build another? Or will it replace the one you just built? I.e. in order to have multiple garrisons you need multiple squad leaders to build their own?

Soldato
  • There’s a team cap of 8 (I believe, if not it’s 6) garrisons.
  • Squad leaders can build as many garrisons as you want.
  • It’s 50 supplies to build in your territory (blue on the map), 100 to build in enemy territory (red on the map. It’s not possible to build in neutral territory (the greyed out middle section at the start of a game of Warfare).
  • When in friendly territory, a garrison will ‘ping’ with a red symbol if there is an enemy enemy within 50m, and you’ll be unable to spawn on it if the enemy are within 15m.
  • When in enemy territory, a garrison will ping and full lock at 100m - so keep it away from the enemy objective!
  • Enemy garrisons can be dismantled by holding F, or blown up by a Satchel charge, rocket from AT, artillery shell or a tank round.
  • The spawn timer on a garrison is 40 seconds, whilst your OP is 20 seconds.
  • If you reach the garrison cap limit, the commander can dismantle garrisons remotely. I believe squad leaders have to be stood next to it to do so.

Associate
Still enjoying this game, i only been jumping on for a quick round as a game lasts quite a while, the only class ive been playing is the standard soldier with the ammo box as dont have a clue how to use the others lol

Must admit i still dont really know the ins and outs of the game haha, i just stay with my squad or follow the leaders orders if the squad leader has a mic, still find it a wicked game even though im not 100% whats what.

Im killing people and trying not to get killed, dropping ammo for squad mates and taking points, for me thats as deep as i have got with this game lol i too never create a squad and only join ones that allow the class of soldier im used to using

Soldato
I'm in a clan - 2.FJg - mainly for people who know what they're doing to play with casually, but we also play semi competitively vs other clans and a few ran a first tournament a few months ago. The competitive games are far better than public games, obviously the standard of shooting is much higher but having every squad doing something, usually pre-arranged by the commander etc, makes for a really interesting, tense and fun games.

If anyone wants to hop on to our Discord everyone's a really friendly bunch and will happily show you the ropes, and the general level on our servers is pretty good; just search 2.FJg in the filter and we've got 2 running atm.

Soldato
I'm in a clan - 2.FJg - mainly for people who know what they're doing to play with casually, but we also play semi competitively vs other clans and a few ran a first tournament a few months ago. The competitive games are far better than public games, obviously the standard of shooting is much higher but having every squad doing something, usually pre-arranged by the commander etc, makes for a really interesting, tense and fun games.

If anyone wants to hop on to our Discord everyone's a really friendly bunch and will happily show you the ropes, and the general level on our servers is pretty good; just search 2.FJg in the filter and we've got 2 running atm.
I recognise that tag - in a tank crew with one of your members recently. Very helpful and understanding chap.

Associate
Played a round or two of this last week after a while out of it.

Good to see there are gameplay changes/tweaks still happening, such as garrisons being able to be built in enemy territory again.

I'd forgotten how good Hell Let Loose is after spending any gaming time over the last 12 months or so on warzone with mates. Completely different kettle of fish.

The server list seems to be busier than ever too which is great to see.

@Russinating I've played in that server many a time, what's the Discord, could be tempted to hop on the channel.

Soldato
Soldato
Good to know, the tanks guys tend to be pretty good as well.

Nice. And yeah that'd help wouldn't it... it's discord.2fjgclan.com. My name is just Russ if you see me.

Can't say i am familiar with the server but have joined the discord group. Be nice to have reliable comms in games. I tend to join the ones advertised as British or English speaking as a rule, even if it means waiting.

Every time I play this game I really enjoy it and before you know it an hour or two has passed, its always a bit of a shame that the groups get muddled when it changes level cos sometimee that can break up what was a really fun squad if they are all on decent comms.

I'm only level 37 but I am really enjoying being squad leader now I've got the hang of it all. You can be almost twice as effective if you have a good commander too.

Its definitely true that you get your arse handed to you for the first 10 hours or so, but after that you sort of get your game sense in order and better understand the mechanic of the game and more importantly the flow of the game, when to push, when to defend etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom